BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2008 / 2009 / 2010  (Read 50992 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Getting in shape
« Reply #756 on: December 19, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
I'm only running about twice a week right now! The holidays are just way to busy.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

ghostdancer308

« Reply #757 on: December 19, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »
Better than nothing at all. We all tend to stray this time of year, make a plan for the new year, and by the 27th of Jan.....you either keep it going or you don't.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #758 on: December 19, 2009, 06:18:05 PM »
My job will be slowing down a little after the new year as well and that will give me a little more time to myself. I've been reading up on that Nitric Oxide stuff, my only problem is with running in the morning I can't take it 30 minutes before the workout. Since I'm running for an hour do you think it will still work if I take right before I run? It seems that since it takes 20 to 30 minutes for the fat burning to kick in when running it might work out ok.......
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2009, 01:09:07 AM »
Don't worry about those time hacks Chuck. I take the stuff an hour before and it works great.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »
Don't worry about those time hacks Chuck. I take the stuff an hour before and it works great.

Glen, that's what I'm saying I don't have 30 minutes or an hour - I would have to take right before I head out the door to start running - maybe 5 minutes before! I guess I just need to try it and see what happens...............
Chuck & Sherry

ghostdancer308

« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2009, 12:20:11 PM »
Here is what I do and it seems to work well. On days I lift I take the stuff 30-45mins before the gym. I do very little cardio on these days. Maybe an easy 2 miler. On days I am going to focus on cardio more than lifting, I don't even take the pre-workout NO. If your running every-other day you should be good on the fat-loss side of the fence. Your supplements will last longer as well. On days prior to cardio intense training, just eat a slow burning carb that night before and a piece of fruit while your headed to the gym..i.e. apple...This is plenty enough simple sugar for nutrient burning during a workout. Post workout is still the same. Just whey and maybe glutamine post-workout. Casein protein before bed. Hope this helps, I will be in the area all day!!

BigJerm

« Reply #762 on: December 20, 2009, 03:50:11 PM »
I have been looking into the NO stuff as well. Tell me what are its supposed gains... all I get is it helps the body function better and something about dosage levels have not been set yet so you have to experiment? I am really looking to put on the mass. Yes I will be jogging to get some endurance but size is key here for me.

What about creatine? I use to be big on it but I also you to eat a lot of red meat (where creatine comes from). Now I normally only eat chicken and ground turkey being cheap so I am thinking about starting back with it. Opinions?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

Right now all I am taking is EAS protein mix which is 27g protein, 140 calories, 3 carbs. I do have some serious like 740 calorie protein shakes I used to take and I saw some mass but it is costly (got it on sale) and man it was nasty

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #763 on: December 20, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »
Do a little extra for me too!
Chart says to weigh 193 lbs....I ask if that was the top side or bottom side?
At 61...320lbs. and 6'1" I need to get back myself.
Former bodybuilder, power lifter, body guard, bouncer, bail bonds I am lucky I could throw myself out of a bar before my wife had to protect ME from being bounced.
I know the routine....just forgot where the turn on the power to drive is located!
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

BigJerm

« Reply #764 on: December 20, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
Haha those "charts" kill me. For me at 6'5"ish it says my current weight of like 248 is borderline obese... I am not skinny man but most people have a hard time believing I weigh 250 and most think I am more like 215. I could only imagine if I weighed what I was suppose to.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #765 on: December 21, 2009, 01:36:43 AM »

BigJerm

« Reply #766 on: December 21, 2009, 04:39:16 AM »
Thanks  {toast}

Might have to get this a shot when the funds allow. Trying not to break the bank on supplements like I have in the past!

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
« Reply #767 on: December 21, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »
Yep..at 193 lbs. I'd look look a thermometer if I drank red cool aid! {hihi}
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM