BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Any audio gurus?  (Read 584 times)

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
Any audio gurus?
« on: December 04, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »
I am thinking about getting some better speakers for my jeep..is anybody in-the-know about what speakers are good for what and what would be best for the jeep? I can get more specific with it if anyone thinks they can help..thanks

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Any audio gurus?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
What Jeep is it?  :P  TJ? Soundbar?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

ranger11

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »
Memphis are good speakers. But there is also alot of other good stuff also. check out www.crutchfield.com and read reviews on there.

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
ya TJ..I listen to just about all classic rock, some more recent rock, but no rap so that bass stuff isn't real important to me...I check em out Richard, thanks...I'm not real sure which speakers to replace, I guess the soundbar since they are the biggest I believe..

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »
I have Alpine speakers and they are pretty nice sounding to me (I'm no audiophile). I've thought about getting a little 10" sub for the hatch since I either get crackly speakers or no bass at higher volumes (and I need to crank my CDB while I drive around the ghetto).
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 07:08:26 AM »
if you replace the sound bar ones might as well replace those crappy ones in the front dash too.... kenwood has a nice 3 piece ones that i put in the TJ sound bar just dont get them wet(to wet ) but that brings up another point... dont go with the old mesh around the speaker... try and get plastic or something like that.. doesnt hold water in and if it does get wet just turn up the radio and the vibs from the speaker will get the water off..hahaha CDB..... I like to take suran rap around all my stuff....

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »
I have used POLK's they are weather resistant and sound pretty good to old deaf ears. I listen to classic rock and country, no big bass stuff.

Online lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 11:43:17 AM »
Buy marine grade speakers for your jeep.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Sasquatch

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 05:48:22 PM »
I think they make the JK dash speaker pods for the TJ now.  They sit up next to the windshield posts on your dash.

I've always wondered about those 6" sub boxes that mount in the space between the rear wheel well and the roll bar right behind the front seats.

I guess that's if you're looking to mount more speakers.

As far as speakers, my NOPI buddy is in love with JBL speakers.  I have to admit I've heard some pretty good sound out of his stuff too.

Hope that helps.
Seth

Baby, House, Jeep... In that order....  Unfortunately.

97 TJ Sport (Sold)
06 LJ (Sold)
07 JKU

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »
Buy marine grade speakers for your jeep.

x2

Mine came with some crappy pioneers that are blown all to heck. I cant hear my speakers anyways.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »
I run polk in the front and pioneer 3 ways in the sound bar and have a bazooka tube behind the seat. Self amplified and you just pull a plug to get it out. Simple and it thumps.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline TJBrad04

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:04:26 AM »
the acoustics of a jeep are so bad that's it's really hard to compare one speaker to another. definatly put a round speaker in the dash instead of the 4x6 with some brackets like 33Engineering sells.

whether or not you plan to power them with an amplifier now or in the future will make or break your decision.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM