BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: School me on some Wisdom Teeth after surgery advice...  (Read 665 times)

BigJerm

School me on some Wisdom Teeth after surgery advice...
« on: December 19, 2008, 08:50:27 PM »
So Meg got all 4 of hers cut out today. Put under to do it, came back out fine, decent swelling but not bad, all 4 quit bleeding, ect ect. Anyways so we got home, she took some Ibuprofen and ate about half a Chick-fil-a milk shake, played about 20 minutes of Wii, took a Hydrocodine (sp?) and went to sleep around 1. About 3 hours later, woke up, teeth hurt, took another Hydrocodine, went back to sleep. Wakes up about 6, feels nausea, throws up, feels fine. She eats 2 little cups of Jello and some apple sauce, drinks some water, takes 2 more Hydrocodine and no more than 20-25 minutes she feels nausea again and throws it all up. After that she has had a bite of Apple Sauce, a little water, says she feels a little sick but no throw up and that was probably an hour ago.

So School me up here! We are just a bunch of young kids lacking the years of parenting and practical life experience a lot of you have. If she throws up again I will call the emergency hot line. To me it sounds like her stomach and the medicine is not getting a long at all and that is the major problem. We are going to try eating something again in a little bit but without the medicine to follow it. Also going to try to eat more than Sugar Free Jello, more like oatmeal, yogurt, mash potatoes, you know something with real substance.

Any other suggestions from you older, wiser folks? I am always ready to learn from those who have been there.

urdaddyjeep

Re: School me on some Wisdom Teeth after surgery advice...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
dude sounds to me like the hydro is making her sick... i would take about 800 of the motrion and 1000 of tylenol it will have the same pain relief as the hydro but not the noc.. make sure she takes it after she eats, i had my right side out a few yrs ago and getting my left done after the 1st.. she is alittle on the small side so cut it down by half to start..

try that and see...

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:43:29 PM »
well I went and got some Sprite for her and she had about half a glass of it. THen she said she felt worse, never threw up but I did find out she took some Ibuprophen (sp?) while i was gone and on an empty stomach... Anyways she is knocked out right now so I am just going to leave her alone for the night. I will probably set up a camp on the couch because a queen size bed doesn't offer much room!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 01:07:19 AM »
Just sounds like the medicine is having a bad reaction. No medical advice other then that and I'm probably worse on this then you. But I have had my wisdom teeth taken out so just remember, no solid foods and don't rush it otherwise you might run into complications later on.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

ghostdancer308

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:01:31 AM »
Jerm, let me know how she is today. I will ask our Medics here as well. We have some of the best, Dewild we tell you that as well. 18D guys!!

Offline HammerG26

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:46:47 AM »
Definitely agree with the previous post about 800 mg ibuprofen (can be Motrin, Advil), and 1000 mg of acetaminophen (Tylenol)... the two can be mixed without issue (under normal circumstances) - just be sure to have some food in the tummy, as it may cause stomach issues (in some cases).  Make sure Meg keeps hydrated (water) and keeps the sockets cleaned out (do this religously)... DRY SOCKETS SUCK!
Good luck and I would definitely lay off the HC. :(
Hammer
2007 Sahara Unlimited Steel Blue
Automatic, Tow Pkg, Freedom Top

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »
how about that someone agreed with me.. damn.... and to thunk it i thought those 4+ yrs of combat medic training went to waste... guess they did since i am a cook now

ranger11

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 09:39:03 AM »
Jerm when mine got cut out all 4 at once I had about the same problem, the hydro would only last about an hour and I couldnt sleep through the night I took 1 every hour just to sleep. I would only throw up every other hour so the relief was worth the vomit. Heres where the major problem came in the next day I started puking orange stuff out of my stomach and nothing would stay down my mom called the dock and he said it sound like I had almost od.

She has to get food on her stomach before she takes hydro. I know they said not to eat food but she can eat with out chewing in the back of her mouth or eat grits oatmeal mashed potatos and then rinse her mouth out well with either peroxide or mouth wash. you have to keep it clean.

BigJerm

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 09:51:21 AM »
Thanks for all the advice guys. Seems funny, when you live at home you have mom who has done just about everything (as it seems) and knows exactly how to handle every situation. When you are on your own it is time to learn how to be like that!

Anyways, after the sprite and sleep last night she got up around 11:30 p.m. and I made her some oatmeal. Then she took some Ibu. and went to sleep. This morning so far is more Ibu and apple sauce. Right now she has ice packs on the cheecks and when she is done I will make her some scrambled eggs and she can take her antibiotic. So far no nausea reported....

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
if it helps try cutting the hydro in half..

ghostdancer308

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:28:53 AM »
X2 on cutting hydro. It could be an alergic reaction to it. Phenegren(sp) controls vomitting, but this needs to be perscribed by a doctor. 8oomg motrin is always a cure all. It works for me!!

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 10:32:11 AM »
ranger candy..

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM