BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Mountainside Off Road Park  (Read 5132 times)

Offline MickeyMouse

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Mountainside Off Road Park
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »
Hello Fellas,

Went to Mountainside this weekend.  Not sure if you have been there but it is a decent park for $10 a day and free camping.  They have a fun hill called the rev limiter that you should try.

At the top of the park, they have a trail called overlook that is nice.  However, be careful of the mud holes.  One of them swallowed my friends Rubicon.

Here are some pics

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Mountainside Off Road Park
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
Very nice. A few have been. It is on the calendar for sure.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

RotorHead

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »
Wow, swallowed for sho. Did his Rubi survive that drowning? He's pretty luck if it did.

I've been to Mountainside a couple of times. It's a cool place, but I don't remember the canal you guys were driving in.

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
Woa buddy. He must have been moving to have all that mud on his hood... Hope he didn't clutch it if he has the 6 speed!

Offline drich394

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
WOW--- again--WOW!!- i dont think  i would diving a new rubi in a hole like that - thats just me- he has ginormous BALLs or NO brain!

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
Should have bought a boat :D
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

mdo817

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:34:03 PM »
That looks fun, don't it Will?

RotorHead

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »
Come on, give us the details. I keep coming back to these pictures.

He's lucky the engine breather is on the passenger side, but make sure he changes all the fluids including the diffs. The water is above the air tubes.

Was the Jeep running when it was really deep or was he being pulled through? I sure hope everything turns out OK for him.

Offline MickeyMouse

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »
Yeah... It was pretty deep...

Here are some details.  The jeep is brand new and only has 3000 miles on it.  

Although he was stuck for a couple of hours, he kept the jeep running the entire time.   I felt bad, my 1000lbs dune buggy had no chance of pulling him out.   

Nothing major appears to be broken but it did take 7 hours to get home since the jeep kept over heating every 20-30 minutes.  We stopped at a car wash and tried to rinse the radiator but he was still overheating.  There was so much mud stuck in the fan shroud we had to use a screw driver to get the fan free and "Yes" the fan motor is burned up.

He has spent 3 days cleaning the jeep so that he can take it back to the dealer and have the fan fixed under warranty.  He is extremely lucky that the door seals worked or he would have had a huge mess inside the jeep.

All and all, he is very lucky.  No severe problems yet...

It was not really his fault.. The puddle 200 feet in front of this one was very shallow and this one did not look very deep.  However, next time he will check before jumping in or at least go in slowly to test it 1st.

Oh well, one to learn on..  I just hope he goes wheelin again.  He is really singing the blues.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:38:05 PM by MickeyMouse »

RotorHead

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »
Well, I hope the guy doesn't give up on a great hobby. Have him come ride with us and we'll try to keep him out of the mud.  {toast}

Daniel

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 09:13:53 AM »
Yeah, don't let this one incident drive him away.  I've got my truck stuck in a river before in which the door seals didn't work and I've bashed it on more trees (mainly) and rocks than I would've liked, but it's all part of the game. 

HotDog

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »
Nice!!!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM