BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: APRIL 17, 2010 OPEN RIDE AT BEASLEY KNOB - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 26514 times)

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
Re: APRIL 17, 2010 OPEN RIDE AT BEASLEY KNOB - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Most of the problem is that some ppl gave the impression that Beasley is a wussy trail and for beginners. IT IS NOT! Yeah it may be a walk in the park for us veteran wheelers but for new guys with street tires and lil to no lift it is downright dangerous! We are very lucky no one got hurt today.

JKmuder

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
it was a crazy day. I'm glad the Rubi and Discovery made it back home.. thanks again for the spotters when needed.

I had a great time and would not advise stock rigs to take this trail.. but then again some of you did just fine.

it was good to meet the new folks.. {toast}

Offline 06blktj

• Visitor
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2010, 09:38:39 PM »
I had a great time on the ride today at beasley knob.  it was the first time ive "really" been off road.  Lookin foward to  a true GATR event to attend, but until then, thanks to everyone involved. By the way where are the pictures gonna be at.

Offline TonkaJK

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
I'm not sure what the big who-hah was about it being a land rover that I kept hearing on the CB...

GARover, I don't think that anyone meant any harm joking about you having a Land Rover, The Jeep guys joke on the Fords and the Ford guys rib the Jeep guys...That's just how it is. No one meant any harm so don't get discouraged!  We never saw anyone left behind today but we were in separate groups...We definitely need to stick together and help each other out. The group that we rode with stopped a few times and we made sure that we didn't leave anyone behind.  We had a great time today (that was our first trip to Beasley) and we'll be back, that's for sure!  ;D

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
A good habit to learn is, keep a close watch on the guy behind you. If he has trouble then stop and back up to him and if you cant help him fix it quickly then strap him and get his rig to a safe place to do repairs and so that is not blocking the trail. Today when then tie rod bent the last time, There was 19 rigs in front of him and some one should have pulled him to a safer place to repair it. He was stranded in the middle of the road and on a steep hill with a spring head running under his rig. Its not safe to have to crawl under and work on a rig like that, it could jump out of gear or slide. Plus we had the trail blocked up for bout 45 mins and there was a few other riders that we didnt know that were having to wait cause there was no where to turn around or get by.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:56:30 PM by rabunjeeper »

Offline GARover

• Visitor
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »
What happened to the rubicon?  No..  It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. Just made me realize that I need to upgrade my weak links and come with more tools than my iPhone. I never once ever ever had the thought cross my mind that I would be doing trails that I could have, and almost did, rolled down with my kids inside. I will try to be more selective and prepared in the future. That almost roll over was all I could take for the day. The. I made it all the way that one hill and couldn't get over the big rocks at the top... So when I tried to back I ended up sliding half way down the hill backwards and all I could think was... Here we go again. haha thank god I stopped. That was when the snatch line pulled me up btw. I was just too afraid to back up anymore in fear of going all the way back down. Anyways, lessons learned.

Btw for any one curious.. What caused that near roll over at the beginning was right before I went down I saw how deep the ruts were and was afraid if I went in them ID just drag or get high centered. So I tried to go down on the side and the middle (tall) part of the rut and when I did the front driver tire dropped down in the rut pulling the front of the truck to the left and my rear wheel dropped on the right side turning me crooked.. The rest was history. I should have just started in the ruts and worst case just scraped all the way down.

But yeah.. I didn't see much of anything there that was okay for a stock rig unless it came dolled up from the dealer. Again.. I'm just thankful I made it out in one piece and no one got hurt. People I didn't know got under my truck in the mud, patched me up and put themselves into some shady situations to help me out. I don't know if they were club members or not but I they were awesome. I'll come back out for sure.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2010, 10:37:24 PM »
gesh... sounds like a heck of a ride! glad you all made it back! So picks and final rig count anyone?
I've grown tired of this.

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
gesh... sounds like a heck of a ride! glad you all made it back! So picks and final rig count anyone?
I think the final head count was around 23-24. I didnt take any pics but I seen a few cameras floating around so there has gotta be some pics! Post em' up! Did anyone get a pic of the rover in distress or 93b?

JKmuder

Offline TonkaJK

• Visitor
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2010, 11:24:01 PM »
NICE PICS!!! I will post ours, as well as the video, tomorrow! We (Patty) had a hard day and it's time for bed now!

Offline TonkaJK

• Visitor
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2010, 08:27:39 AM »
Here are our pics. We had pictures on two separate cameras so they did not upload to Photobucket in any particular order!! Enjoy!  ;D

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/gpcribbs116/Beasley%20Knob%204-17-2010/?albumview=slideshow

Offline rabunjeeper

• Visitor
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
NICE PICS!!! I will post ours, as well as the video, tomorrow! We (Patty) had a hard day and it's time for bed now!
I hope Patti is doing ok.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM