BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: I shouldnt but i will  (Read 628 times)

urdaddyjeep

I shouldnt but i will
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
Going to ask for help for a soldier that needs it.. and I am going to ask GATR... he has a Yota 4runner sport.. and needs tires. the problem is he has 2 kids in dipers... the youngest was a surprise to everyone.... and he cant afford new tires.. but needs some that are better then what he has. the front left tire is so bad that he is running on the steel belt in most places on the tire.. he doesnt even buy himself new clothes so he can put food on the table for the kids. Not asking for anyone to buy him tires... that part is going to be taken care of by the NCOs in the shop,,, just looking to see if anyone knows where there are some GOOD CHEAP tires for him..

ranger11

Re: I shouldnt but i will
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
There's a place here in town that specializes in used tires. Maybe there is something in Augusta that does as well. If not check tire rack and or wal-mart. Also Mike keep an eye out on craigslist many times you can buy good tires and stock wheels for less than you can buy new tires. Try searching toyota take offs and see if anything comes up.

Hope that helps.  {toast}

ranger11

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
Ps the title of this thread is pointless. :bs)

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
  • Be a User: Jeep.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:09:12 PM »
Going to ask for help for a soldier that needs it.. and I am going to ask GATR... he has a Yota 4runner sport.. and needs tires. the problem is he has 2 kids in dipers... the youngest was a surprise to everyone.... and he cant afford new tires.. but needs some that are better then what he has. the front left tire is so bad that he is running on the steel belt in most places on the tire.. he doesnt even buy himself new clothes so he can put food on the table for the kids. Not asking for anyone to buy him tires... that part is going to be taken care of by the NCOs in the shop,,, just looking to see if anyone knows where there are some GOOD CHEAP tires for him..

What size tires?
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

www.myspace.com/gatrailriders

RotorHead

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »
Yah, what size tars?

My mom is about to put new tires on her Grand Cherokee. The old ones have plenty of life, but we negotiated a new set when she bought it. They are for a 17" wheel though. You can have them if they'll work.

Sucks to here stories like this about you guys that are fighting for us. Saw and experienced plenty when I was in.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Yeah, what size?  Allsouth is always taking off tires I can get. Not great sometimes, but safe. I have a michelin that fits my tahoe in the basement. Half tread maybe.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 01:13:49 AM »
i think they are 265/75/18.. i went over to see and he came out and was like WTF r u doing.. nothing just seeing if they would fit my Jeep... LOL....

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 02:08:19 AM »
i think they are 265/75/18.. i went over to see and he came out and was like WTF r u doing.. nothing just seeing if they would fit my Jeep... LOL....

I'll see what size mine are tomorrow.  I'm not good with those numbers.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 08:48:49 AM »
18's might make it a little tougher, but I'll take alook and ask around at AS tomorrow.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 05:19:05 PM »
ok just looked at it this time and got it... 265/60/18 ..... so i am looking now.. so if any of you know where i can get 4 cheap.... they dont have to be new but better then runnin on the steel threads that he is running on now...

Offline TedderX

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 05:34:41 PM »
Yea, the ones I have are too small.
-Tedder

Let's go wheelin'!

Offline MACHINE

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 09:28:21 AM »
Any luck on finding him a set? My neighbor works at a tire place, and they do sell used tires. I could see what lurks in the back of his shop if ya want...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM