BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: the power cables for my winch and my fan dont mix real well  (Read 192 times)

Offline jwoodruff06

• Visitor
the power cables for my winch and my fan dont mix real well
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
So i was stoked to have had my jeep ready for D-town. But come to find out i pulled onto the highway bout to head home and my jeep shut completely off all lights and the motor. I was like what the f is going on. I was clueless at this point. Checked my connection for my battery and a terminal was a little loose and kinda cracked. I tightened it down to find it wouldnt really tighten all the way. By the grace of God it cranked and i was less than a 1/4 mile from a parts store so i stopped there bout a new terminal put it on. Got going down the road and my headlights and dash lights were flickering. So i got home left it running and started to try to move all cables and that had to do with power and checked my fuse box. I also noticed that the problem was when i was accelerating. So i took it for a test drive to see if i could here anything and before i got out of the driveway i heard metal on metal it sounded like. Pulled back in the drive popped the hood looked down by the fan with my flashlight and saw my 2 gauge winch wire chopped up almost completely severed. Im lucky this didnt ever start a fire under my hood. So i had to pull the winch cables go back to walmart get a new cable come back home and install it a better way than whoever installed the winch so needless to say i was up to bout 3 in the morning. Which needless to say i love my sleep and hate being late to anything so i canceled my trip to D-town by default lol.Crazyness.
HE>i

Offline wideload

• Visitor
  • Proud Dad!
Re: the power cables for my winch and my fan dont mix real well
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
Willing to bet that D-Town will still be there toenjoy on a future date...
Several of us couldn't go for a bunch of reasons also...we feel for ya man but at least you're still mobile!
The road to prosperity should not be be paved with
 those who are in your way but by the helping of those along the way.

Offline jwoodruff06

• Visitor
Re: the power cables for my winch and my fan dont mix real well
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:37:01 AM »
true story man and yeah i really am glad im still rolling.
HE>i

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM