BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: wj lower control arm  (Read 1972 times)

Offline hopperstj

• Visitor
wj lower control arm
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:50:39 PM »
looking for lower control arm for my wifes wj bushing is bad and you have to replace hole arm. we are looking to do alift soon but i need to replace this arm to find out if that is  what is causing her death wobble. let me know if you have any
crossedup4x4.com

MMjeep

Re: wj lower control arm
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »
which control arm front or rear?

Offline hopperstj

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
front passenger side  lower not sure if they are interchangable left to right because of the bend
crossedup4x4.com

MMjeep

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »
i got one but im down in columbus ga. Kinda far from where you are. how soon are you needing it?

Offline hopperstj

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 09:15:53 PM »
my wife is just on my butt and i'm trying to figure it out only thing i can find wrong i know the alinement is off a little but not enough to do this i don't think. anyway i'm not in no real rush how much you want for it and maybe we can meet up sometime and do some wheelin and i caould get it from you then
crossedup4x4.com

MMjeep

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 06:43:07 AM »
Heck you can just have it. All my old suspension is just boxed up taking room in my closet. I kept them in case I wanted to go back stock but those lowers frame mounts are long gone since the long arms. I might be going to mountainside soon they are having a rock race may 7. Or ill be in gadsden al for easter seeing my family. That's not to dar from you.

Offline hopperstj

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
planning on going to that too maybe we could meet then and i would love to take the stuff off your hands i just got to figure out the death wobble before my wife kills me. i sure do appreciate it man i really want to look up close at your sliders and long arm that day too love the build thread
crossedup4x4.com

MMjeep

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
Thanks. Well whatever you need im sure i have its all in pretty good condition as well. With wjs death wobble can be attributed to: worn bushing in control arms(seems like you have found that one), steering stabilizer(was the cause of mine stock one blew apart when i put on 35s), worn tre. Thats bout it i reckon it could be a mix of those things as well. Ill bring those arms up when i go to gadsden, let me know if you need something else.

Offline hopperstj

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »
thanks man tre are good replace steering dampner first actually made it worse and it only happens when you hit bump with right front tire. that is why i suspect the control arm there is a bad crack in it actually looks seperated but when i pry on it it does not move that much i should just pull it off and look at it. i will send you my number and email so you can get in touch with me. the rock race should be bad to the bone i like the idea of the side by side racing
crossedup4x4.com

MMjeep

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 06:44:27 AM »
Yeah I'm excited to see what scott has came up with for the race. I wonder if they're gonna post a map of the track before the race I'd like to see which obstacles are gonna be apart of it.

MMjeep

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
Oh I almost forgot check your track bar. Make sure its torqued to spec and the bushings are good I have the torque specs written down ill send them to you when I get in work. The track bar has a tendency to lossen then it'll egg shape the upper hole at the frame. If it does that you'll have to weld in a new pair of washer to true up the hole. A lot of wjs get there death wobble from the trackbar.

Offline hopperstj

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »
never have checked torque just pryed around on it. i will take it loose and look at it real good. tried to loosen control arms to night and they are way tight could not find my cheater bar and my impact would not loosen them. i feel like the previous owner probably did not loosen them when they did buget boost on it wich will preload bushings don't know if that would cause it but i am sure it has not helped especially the one with the big rip in it
crossedup4x4.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM