BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: scouting around for anything bigger if the price is right... 16.5 tires...  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Huntingman2706217

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
got 37's (stiff militarys)... but plenty of room for probly even 46's... i missed a set of 46's in AL and im ticked i didnt buy them up now... but im not hurting for them since im still building but im just getting the word out if anyone comes across any on a good deal... cant search 16.5 on craigslist cause it takes away the 5... cant figure that out... lol... thanks guys!

Travis
95 2 door I6, 2006 F250 axles... 5.38's and welded F&R... custom Y linked front... leafs (for now) in the rear... H1 double beadlocks and rock rings with 40's

Build Page:
www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/frugal-ii-poor-mans-story-73061/

ranger11

Whats a good price? I have a set of 44s. 2 boggers and 2 tsl's. Can send pic but will be tomorrow

Offline Billy

• Visitor
Hope you have some High dollar parts in those axles if you're going to run 46" tires  {eek}
00 TJ
97 TJ
03 350Z

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
Hope you have some High dollar parts in those axles if you're going to run 46" tires  {eek}

depends on the condition of course... the 46's were only $600 but that was a pretty dang good deal... lol... if its easier you can txt me the pics... 6785886661... just let me know what you want for them and ill see what i can do bud... thanks!
95 2 door I6, 2006 F250 axles... 5.38's and welded F&R... custom Y linked front... leafs (for now) in the rear... H1 double beadlocks and rock rings with 40's

Build Page:

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build

need to fix my sig but have 06 F250 D60 (1.5in 35 spline inner and outer shafts) and sterling 10.50 in it now... will be welded front and rear with 5.38's... stock 4.0 and auto... still will be my first finished rig and first times going out on the trails even so i see myself being scared to do most things that would mean breaking anything... but if i do ill replace with aftermarket of course... only running 4.5in of lift but these axles are so dang wide and ive narrowed the front end so it makes the 37's look like trailer tires... and the front is alot of cast on the 60 that i cant do anything about so the control arm mounts are real low... need bigger tires to get the axle up off the ground some more...

Build Page:

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it
It's not a matter of if but when with 44"+ tires on a D60 front, especially the military 46" tires and hemmt wheels you were asking about on Pirate, even with a good set of aftermarket shafts, you're in the heavy wheel and tire combo range that will break ring and pinions easily if they're spinning and suddenly grab traction.
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride
Yeah we're breaking outer stubs on 39's.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

ranger11

Ha ha Im breaking the bank on jack stands.

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build
It's not a matter of if but when with 44"+ tires on a D60 front, especially the military 46" tires and hemmt wheels you were asking about on Pirate, even with a good set of aftermarket shafts, you're in the heavy wheel and tire combo range that will break ring and pinions easily if they're spinning and suddenly grab traction.

Was researching the idea but not gonna run the hemtt wheels... And for all I plan to do I should be fine... if I was launching in 4x4 with a built small block then It would be a different story... But like I said above with a stock 4.0 and just a fun trail rig ill be fine... Not competing in rockcrawling or anything...

Build Page:

• Visitor
  • Project Frugal II
    • My build

But with what motor and what d60? Shaft thickness/spine?

Build Page:

Offline Logan

• Visitor
  • Hit it like you mean it

Was researching the idea but not gonna run the hemtt wheels... And for all I plan to do I should be fine... if I was launching in 4x4 with a built small block then It would be a different story... But like I said above with a stock 4.0 and just a fun trail rig ill be fine... Not competing in rockcrawling or anything...

Even without the Hemmt wheels you're still at the ragged edge of a the axle without trying to be a rock bouncer, I didn't mean a high speed spin then grab, I meant the little bit of wheel spin that you will encounter no matter what wheeling in the south, the breakage will be the product of the rotating mass.

And I'm pretty sure Michael is running a stock 4.0L and the same axles as you, sticky tires and an I'm gonna make it attitude though. :smoke
93 F-250 tow pig

Offline Do Work 93 YJ

• Visitor
  • Ready To Ride

But with what motor and what d60? Shaft thickness/spine?
Logan is right 4.0 with the same 60 as you. Not trying to discourage you just wanting you to see that a stock 60 isn't as strong as most people think.
Do Work Aka Moon Man. What you lack in technique make up in throttle! Or a set of cheater tires.

My Build Threads
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=3683.msg62464#msg62464

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=6862.0

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM