BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil  (Read 7029 times)

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
Re: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:47 PM »
They claim it's 1micron if heated. The paper work that came with it said 4PPM. I'll still be running it though two 5 micron filters before it go's in the motor. I'll still use less filters this time.
Mike

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
 Well today I was able to run 75gallons though the centrifuge. I'm running about 7 gallons a hour. I cleaned out the bowl and was surprised how much sticks to the walls it was about 1/2" thick. I also have a 3 gallon tote that has the big chunks and water that runs out. Plus when you turn it off all the goop that's stuck to the wall comes out when it stops. I didn't take a pic of the tote. I will tomorrow.
Mike

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2014, 08:12:09 PM »
Does the centrifuge run without supervision?  If so, does it have a float switch to turn it off automatically?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »
You don't have to watch it all the time but you do have to check on it though out the day to make sure the chunky pieces don't plug up the valve and restrict the flow into the heater. I stayed with it for the first 40 gallons or so to see how it dose and then I just keep checking it every hour or so. You just don't want the heater to run dry it will burn out. I'll try and get some pic's tomorrow.

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:44:35 PM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2014, 05:47:45 PM »
Well after spending the last 3 days running the WVO though the centrifuge. (150gallon)I Use a 5micron filter on the pump I use to pump the clean WVO into the bus with. Well the fuel tank I was using to move the clean WVO from the centrifuge to the bus was dirty and contaminated the clean oil. It plugged up the 5micron filter in less then 5 gallons pumping though it. I was pissed I spent all that time running though the centrifuge to have to rerun it. So today I used a clean tank. I ran 50 gallons though the centrifuge and then pumped it though a 10micron filter to a 5micron filter and was very happy it pumped right though with out any plugging.
Mike

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2014, 08:39:40 PM »
Well today I ran 50 gallons of WVO though the centrifuge at 6.5 gallons a hour. I'm very happy with it.
 I picked up the dredge today! It's so shinny and new. I can't wait to start working it. I also got a dry suit today and a couple pairs of diving gloves.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:51:56 AM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re:
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »
Awesome set up. I cant wait to see the jar of gold u end up with

Sent from a 4g signal.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
I'd like to fine just one nugget like this!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:50:49 PM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »
Well all the WVO tanks or full and oozing. (over flowing when the sun heats up the tanks) I ran 400 gallons though the 10 micon and 5 micron filter and it still flows though them good. So I know the centrifuge cleaned it better then if I had just used filters. I had a leak in the power steering fittings at the gear box. I had to replace one of the high pressure lines and I was able to weld the other fitting for the return line. This bus came from Pennsylvania and was decommissioned because of the rot. (Rust) I new it was rotted but at the time I just wanted it to make one ride to Alaska. We picked up some tires for it today 4 drive tires I shopped around for the best price. ($1400.00) I found a set of Bridge stone's. I went with a bigger tire. I had 10R22.5 and went up to 11R22.5 there 2" bigger then the old ones. I should be able to get up to 70mph with the bigger tires. I hope it's more like 75mph but I will just have to wait and see when I get it on the road. Matt helped me work on getting the old lug nuts off. Man they didn't want to come off. We broke a couple breaker bars and bent the hell out of a lug wrench. I had to get a Nut Buddy to brake them loose. We got one side off today and mounted one tire to the rime and got it back on the bus. I changed the oil and filter and toped off every thing else. I also picked up some new tires for the trailer. They wanted $112.00  for 6ply tires and I needed 2. Then I found the same tire at Tracker Supply with the rim for $119.00 so I got 4 of them and will have a couple spears to take with me.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:28:17 AM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
Nut buddy? I'll have to research that one.

Thanks for the update.  Love following the progress and the details.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:41 PM »
I just read this entire thread.  This is very cool Mike. I wish you luck on your trek and will look forward to updates.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:49 PM »
Ok so today we got all 4 tires mounted and on the bus. I needed 12 new lug nuts for one side. The lug nuts where on there so tight that the Nut Buddy actually pushed the stud out the back of the brake drum. It didn't brake the first lung nut loose enough it just turned it with the second lug nut. I have a rim with 6 lug nuts stuck in it. We took the 2 spare tires off the rims and will just take the tires with us and mount then on the road if we have to. That will take some of the weight off for ride. Starter fluid just isn't the same as the old days. It just doesn't have the poof anymore. They are definitely bigger! The Bus looks a little lifted in the rear now. Of course it's not loaded right now.  //LMAO//  I also flushed the water tank and water lines in the bus as well as the hot water tank. I had to replace a couple lines that where going to burst. I pressure washed the radiator and motor and got all the dust and dirt off. I hope the rain hold off for me tomorrow Matt and Jon are going to help with the trailer. We need to pack the bearing's with new grease check the brake pads put the new tires on and make sure the spring keepers are there so the spring leaf can't turn and cut a tire. We also need to hook up the lights and get the bus wired to the trailer the right way.

Mike

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM