BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil  (Read 6730 times)

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
Re: Running a Diesel on WVO wast veggie oil
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »
Anybody heard if they got to leave at 6:00?

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »
Safe travels to them if they are on the road, hope the claim turns out good for them. Either way the trip would be adventure enough for me.

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
I went by there house today around 5:45 an they were still there but they were all outside. I honked... Hope you guys have a blast!!!

Sent from my neighbors wifi!
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted sooner. We've been having a little problem with the motor running hot. We change the coolant filter and it still running a little hot. Put some radiator flush in running it on that to try and get it cleaned out. I'm not sure if its the radiator or if its the fan. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of air coming through the radiator. I clean the outside of the radiator before I left with purple power and pressure washer. Does anyone know if they make a fan without a clutch for this motor. Its in international 444
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:35:06 PM by mrmike1964 »
Mike

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted sooner. We've been having a little problem with the motor running hot. We change the coolant filter and it still running a little hot. Put some radiator flush in running it on that to try and get it cleaned out. I'm not sure if its the radiator or if its the fan. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of air coming through the radiator. I clean the outside of the radiator before I left with purple power and pressure washer. Does anyone know if they make a fan without a clutch for this motor. Its in international 444

here is a link that may help.  Not sure if there is fan without a clutch but this thread does discuss the overheating

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17930

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »
Make your own. Weld a tab on the hub over to one of the bolts that hold the fan.
Marty

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »

here is a link that may help.  Not sure if there is fan without a clutch but this thread does discuss the overheating

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17930

Thanks Tony for that info I will relay to Mike. He doesn't have much time to get on here right now so he asked me to post an update for him. They are in Minnesota about 200 miles from the border. They've had to stop once today to fix the battery door. The batteries kept pushing against it making it pop open. Just little stuff though, nothing major. Hopefully they will make it across the border tonite. I'll try to post again later or tomorrow.
Mike

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »
well they made it across the border around 10:30. He called but was breaking up real bad and then I lost him and couldn't reconnect. So it maybe be 3 or 4 days until I here from them again. By then they will have made it to Alaska. Gave him the info about that fan and some international dealers up there so he can pick one up.. I'll be back with an update as soon as I get word from him.  //;D//
Mike

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2014, 08:09:09 AM »
Thanks for posting the updates...very cool stuff!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »
I talked to Mike around 2 pm today. They have made it somewhere past Edmonton. He was happy with the progress they have made so far today. At least they hadn't had to fix anything today.  Yesterday afternoon the air dryer, which is part of the Air Ride and brakes started acting up. He had problems with it before but thought he had fixed it. So he had to stop and get a new air dryer and bus is moving along much better now..the temps are cooler up there so he's not having too much of an issue with the heat. He also has been putting superglue on the fan which works for a little while. He's looking into picking up that Horton Fan kit that was mentioned in that link. I don't think I will be hearing from him again until he gets to Alaska. 
Just heard from him again..they are in Dawson Creek, right at the beginning of the Alaska Hwy. They went about 700 hundred miles, which is real good. They are going to rest for the night which I'm glad. I'll just be happy when they get there!
Mike

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re:
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
Great to know he is getting some miles under his belt
Bobby

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »
Today has been a little slower..only went about 370 miles..they are in the Rockies climbing the mountains. Temps up there are a lot warmer than he expected for this time of year. 80 degrees so he is having to stop to let the motor cool occasionally. They have about 1100 miles to go. I was surprised to hear from him but he was on top of a mountain so was able to grab a signal.
Mike

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM