BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New ride  (Read 1078 times)

Offline jkDave

• Visitor
  • Hey look, a trail...
New ride
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
After crushing in the bumper, cracking the wheel hub cover, and some serious rock rash on the wheels, I decided to get a trail rig to wheel the tougher areas.  I found this TJ, thought it might serve the purpose.  I'll build it up over time, but now I have a real toy, not my daily driver.  Can't wait for the next ride!!
Dave

Offline jkDave

• Visitor
  • Hey look, a trail...
Re: New ride
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:22 PM »
...and they've already shipped my new axles!!!
Dave

Offline Texsun

• Visitor
  • Herro
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
...and they've already shipped my new axles!!!

HAHAHA LOVE IT!
Drew, Cassie, and Hunter
99 XJ thingy

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Re: New ride
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
Sweet. Welcome to the TJ club.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Alex

BigJerm

Re: Re: New ride
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
Specs on the TJ? if some rock rash got you to buy a second vehicle then this is going to be an expensive hobby for you! Might as well sell the JK and join the tow rig crowd

sent from my dumb phone

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Sweet TJ, can't wait to see what it turns into. On thay note, I Can't wait to pick up my dedicated trail from Allsouth this week  //SLAMIN//

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
That's awesome!
Jay

Offline jkDave

• Visitor
  • Hey look, a trail...
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »
Specs on the TJ? if some rock rash got you to buy a second vehicle then this is going to be an expensive hobby for you! Might as well sell the JK and join the tow rig crowd

sent from my dumb phone
1997 TJ with the 4 liter I6.  Rear D35 front D30.  2.25" OME suspension lift and 1.75" body lift.  The rock rash didn't get to me too bad, but each time I went out I tried more and more difficult things.  Each time the damage got a little worse.  I just didn't want to continue beating something up I was still paying for.  Eventually the TJ will become something hard core and I'll wheel the JK, but for now I'll use the TJ on the riskier stuff.  And yes, I've already thought about a tow pig. :)
Dave

Offline jkDave

• Visitor
  • Hey look, a trail...
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
Sweet TJ, can't wait to see what it turns into. On thay note, I Can't wait to pick up my dedicated trail from Allsouth this week  //SLAMIN//

You getting something?
Dave

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 09:26:30 PM »

You getting something?

I have been in the process of building this for almost a year and a half. It got its finishing touches at allsouth the past few weeks. Can't wait to do a shake down on it soon.

Offline jkDave

• Visitor
  • Hey look, a trail...
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

You getting something?

I have been in the process of building this for almost a year and a half. It got its finishing touches at allsouth the past few weeks. Can't wait to do a shake down on it soon.

Woah, that thing is awesome!  I bet you'll be able to tackle most anything in that rig.  I can't wait to see it on the trail!
Dave

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »
After crushing in the bumper, cracking the wheel hub cover, and some serious rock rash on the wheels, I decided to get a trail rig to wheel the tougher areas.  I found this TJ, thought it might serve the purpose.  I'll build it up over time, but now I have a real toy, not my daily driver.  Can't wait for the next ride!!

Nice TJ!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM