BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Any Civil Engineering/Civil Engineer Contacts?  (Read 226 times)

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Any Civil Engineering/Civil Engineer Contacts?
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:23:47 PM »
Hey guys,

Anyone a civil engineer on this board or friends/family with one.  My family and I are really looking to make a change and really need a job with some better benefits.  It seems having a contact is the only way to get a job now a days.

Offline jc79

• Visitor
Re: Any Civil Engineering/Civil Engineer Contacts?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »
My dad is, but he's in Kentucky. Not sure if that helps but if so let me know...
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:26 AM »
A simple google search for engineering consultants will reveal a massive number of them here in Atlanta. Ranging from monsters like Jacobs all the way down to two guys working out of their basement.

A lot of environmental as well, dunno what your focus is. Many in the Norcross, Roswell, and Marietta areas. I know that requires moving into the city but if that is the change you are looking for, then go for it.

Working in Norcross and living in Johns Creek would be a good setup. Its nice up there with nice schools. Being able to get to work before 285 is a plus.

A few firms downtown but unless you are ready to do the whole intown living, it might be rough.

Dunno, just some suggestions.

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
I am up for moving wherever at this point, just finding firms that are hiring is the problem.  I have had 3 interviews over the last 2 years for jobs.  Two of them were in Atlanta. 

I graduated 2 years ago and have been working for a firm that mainly does work on civil site, roads, erosion and sediment control type projects.  So i need to try and find a job in that kind of field which is the problem. 

It appears that there are two many civil engineers trying to get jobs. I look weekly at job search sites and there isn't much out there.

Offline LR Max

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »
Are you keeping your LinkedIn profile up to date? Are you checking for jobs there? I've landed jobs over LinkedIn before.

Also many firms have a "apply here" button on their page. I would recommend that instead of career builder or whatever. I've heard HR people often post on career builder or monster just so they have something to do, not because they have a job opening.

Also on linked in, begin looking at groups and events. Networking that way is a lot easier.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:04:12 PM by LR Max »

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
Get online and checkout:

Ames Construction, Inc or Walsh Group

If your interested in the Rail Construction and are willing to travel you can send your resume Harry Glantz (hglantz@railworks.com). You can state that you got his contact info from me (Chuck Brainerd).

The position you would be looking for with these company's would be field engineering.

Good luck
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM