BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Lasik this saturday  (Read 1168 times)

BigJerm

Re: Re: Lasik this saturday
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »
I want this done bc I wear daily contacts. The normal ones would only last a week. I spend almost 600 a year due to needing dailys and toric lenses.
I want pke though, due to scuba diving and such. Much more involved. A patch has to be worn over the eye for a few days afterwards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah the PRK sounds like it sucks! They only do 1 eye at a time due to recovery time. A guy here at work had 1 eye that wasn't thick enough for lasik so on the same day he had lasik on 1 and PRK on the other. He said the Lasik eye was good a day after, the PRK took weeks to finally be normal.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
I want this done bc I wear daily contacts. The normal ones would only last a week. I spend almost 600 a year due to needing dailys and toric lenses.
I want pke though, due to scuba diving and such. Much more involved. A patch has to be worn over the eye for a few days afterwards.

Yeah the PRK sounds like it sucks! They only do 1 eye at a time due to recovery time. A guy here at work had 1 eye that wasn't thick enough for lasik so on the same day he had lasik on 1 and PRK on the other. He said the Lasik eye was good a day after, the PRK took weeks to finally be normal.

I had the PRK done on one eye also, it took almost 3 months before my vision was 100%, but I had a problem with mine, my protective contact fell out and when I blinked it opened up the cut on my eye. And yes, that hurts like hell. But, from what I understand the PRK is a better surgery, supposedly it's the only one that is exceptable for fighter pilots to get, the government will not except lasik for their pilots.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

BigJerm

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 05:20:49 PM »
They are probably freaked out about the flap. I know the doctor says he warns anyone in law enforcement about lasik due to fighting and the flap created.

Sent from S3

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 06:04:10 PM »

Sent off camber

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »

I had the PRK done on one eye also, it took almost 3 months before my vision was 100%, but I had a problem with mine, my protective contact fell out and when I blinked it opened up the cut on my eye. And yes, that hurts like hell. But, from what I understand the PRK is a better surgery, supposedly it's the only one that is exceptable for fighter pilots to get, the government will not except lasik for their pilots.

Yes that is true.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Lasik this saturday
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »
We got comedians... </LMAO/>  All is well.  I see better than I ever did with any pair of glasses.  Spent all day yesterday just walking around the lake and back yard just looking at everything in a whole new perspective.  If you can get it done I seriously recommend it.  There is still a little blurryness and halos at night but those will go away and it will just get sharper in the comming days.  Took about 24 hrs to recover.  Annie is taking a little longer.  Shes a little more sensitive to light than I though.  Over all took 8 min to do both eyes, checking in took longer, simply amazing technology.  Cant believe the first type of this surgery was done with a blade years ago. {peek}  Man we have come a long way.

Great news.  Your symptoms of halos will definitely go away.  My light sensitiveness went away a little but many years later my eyes are still fairly sensitive to bright sunlight...but it is not a problem at all, throw on some shades and all is good.

Not hitting on you, but what color are your eyes?

Btw, I like long walks on a deserted beach and ...    //LMAO//
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 06:09:03 AM »

As someone who had LASIK done ten years ago, I have mixed feelings about the whole "flap opening back up during over pressure" debate. Granted I am no medical professional, but I feel like the lens, like all other tissue once fully healed, should not be an issue. Does that cut on your tongue from tongue open back up when biting down on hard foods, or that scar on your finger where you had stitches open back up at the same spot? I don't think it would since they are living cells and grow back together, but again not an optometrist.

I went to airborne school prior to LASIK because it would have disqualified me entering under my contract, but then after I had the surgery done without telling the army. Then later I went back and had  LASIk waiver completed for airborne/ranger training (there always seems to be waivers for everything, which sometimes is a bad thing!)

Anyway, so I completed my active duty time with the surgery done with no issues and the army was never smart enough to realize the paperwork trail.  Would the flap in my eye open back up? It didnt through a whole lot of stuff but who knows. I think that it would have to be from something significant that would also damage the rest of the eye.  I did wear contacts for 11 years prior to the surgery and with all my activities I was use to be protective of my eyes so maybe that instinct helped me.

The military is very picky and each service component is a little different. You can lose your flight slot by having PRK done out in the private sector vs getting on the waiting list and having it done by their doctors. I don't know about having any military doctors work on me...their dentist are bad enough

Offline RD Slyter

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »
Man, I've been trying like hell to get mine lazed for ever. This last attempt, I had all my paperwork ready to go and had it faxed to ft Stewart only to never hear from them. I called and called and got nowhere. I'm hoping there's a facility in Germany that can do it, but not sure. Is what it is though I guess.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2
Ryan and Dawn Slyter; Grafenwhere Germany

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
Re: Lasik this saturday
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
still lovin it.  everything has cleared for me,  love being able to wear sunglasses...........and see.  night vision is still a little slow to come around to perfect but ive been told thats the case.  Its not bad by any means but not perfect long distance.  Still I wonder how I went 33 years without having this done sooner.  Technology has come a long way in this field,  they know it by letting you watch others get the procedure done as well.  Anyone that can should get this done.
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM