BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Lasik this saturday  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
Lasik this saturday
« on: May 09, 2013, 09:44:10 PM »
Gonna be done with glasses after 34 yrs and cant wait.  Annie is getting it done also and she was a little worried so I showed her this to "lighten" the thought of it.

/>
Bad idea... </LMAO/> </LMAO/>

It will be nice to finally be able to wear sunglasses that dont cost $200.  {letseat}
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Lasik this saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:49:37 PM »
You'll love it. Had it done about 10 years ago, absolutely amazing.

Offline jkDave

• Visitor
  • Hey look, a trail...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »
That'll be nice, congrats.  I'll get you a pair of cool Dollar store shade for the next ride!

</BEER/>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:50:50 PM by jkDave »
Dave

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:33:45 PM »
You will love it is right.

Monovision for 3 years now.  Small issues, but I HATE GLASSES!

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:43:38 PM »
Cant wait to do mine, but they still change occasionally.  I started wearing hard contacts at 9 years old then switched about 8 yrs later to soft. Good luck! Jealous
Jay

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 06:32:05 AM »
You will love it is right.

Monovision for 3 years now.  Small issues, but I HATE GLASSES!

I did the mono vision thing also, couldn't stand it so I had the other done about a month ago. I have to wear reading glasses now, but from 2ft out, everything is crystal clear baby!
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline tazstoy

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 07:45:46 AM »
you will be glad you did it. I had it done and wished I had done it sooner. just a side note tell her not to watch marie tried to watch mine being done and it freaked her out
Todd, Marie  and son goes by Tim or Timothy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:28 AM »
I did the mono vision thing also, couldn't stand it so I had the other done about a month ago. I have to wear reading glasses now, but from 2ft out, everything is crystal clear baby!

Man I hate to hear that.  I honestly forget I have had it.  I wonder if they should have reversed your eyes.  I did a lot of scenario testing.  My brain switches instantly.  First week, maybe month was weird... but I did things to help.  My reader was strong after being in the office all day and brain didn't want to change immediately when I jumped in the car, so i would close it when leaving and help my brain switch.  Did for a few days, maybe a week... maybe a few times after.  Driving at night I had to cover the reader for a month, maybe more.  They told me in advance.

They tell me my eyes focal points will continue to move outward with time and age....  When they did the surgery there was a 3-4 inch gap between the eyes, ONLY noticeable when reading a book, computer, etc, and I just had to make a small adjustment.  NOW my distance eye has moved out and reads the computer perfect at about 26", and my reading eye can read a pimple on a gnats ass out to about 14", so I have gap when reading.  They are amazed my reading eye hasn't moved any since the surgery.  Good and bad I guess, but it is really no big deal.

I LOVE IT

just a side note tell her not to watch marie tried to watch mine being done and it freaked her out

Lol, my wife walked in and sat in front of the viewing tv in the lobby and was watching mine, and saw me flinch, and it made her sick.  She could watch anyone else.

Just be prepared for it to be, well, uncomfortable for 30 seconds 2x.  They use pressure to shape the eye for the flap cut and laser.  Absolutely painless in the eye.

You will see perfect immediately after the laser, and a red light will come into perfect focus... then your eye reaacts and swells I guess and the vision is wacked, go home, to bed, relax, use a lot of drops as prescribed, get some rest, wake up the next day and reach for your glasses...lol.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »
Congratulations buddy!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

JROLIN

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »
Gonna be done with glasses after 34 yrs and cant wait.  Annie is getting it done also and she was a little worried so I showed her this to "lighten" the thought of it.

/>
Bad idea... </LMAO/> </LMAO/>

It will be nice to finally be able to wear sunglasses that dont cost $200.  {letseat}

I had mine done 7 years ago. Best money ever spent.

Its hard to imagine not doing it now. You dont realize how much stuff you are missing when you dont see 20/20.

Trees used to look like big ass bushes. Now I can see the individual leafs on top of a 60ft tree and the stick legs of the bird on the highest branch.

It took me 4 days to recover. But that is because I have vertigo symptoms and motion sickness. If you dont have those, I would imagine you could recover in 24 hours.

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:19 AM »
I am interested in this as well, My sight has deteriorated recently. Got glasses last year, and cant believe what I was missing out seeing.
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
I had LASIK done 12 years ago.... You'll love it!
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM