BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 6/15 : CHOCCOLOCCO ORVP * PICS/VIDS/CARNAGE  (Read 16811 times)

Dirtflirt

Re: 6/15 : CHOCCOLOCCO ORVP * PICS/VIDS/CARNAGE
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »
I probably should have jumped in with the intermediate group to let the kids have that much seat time, they are usually too intimidated to have a go at it because usually the group that i am in heads straight for the hard stuff.

I look FWD to the next time that I can get out with you guys, I am going back to Hot Springs in Nov to hook up with the Lone Star jeep club for their Veterans day ride. I will be lucky to get a ride in before then but I will try.

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »
Marty

Offline xjcrawler

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »
/>

That only worked cause your camera man was on the other side, or cause you had Krawlers  ::)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2013, 09:23:32 AM »
vids...

/>
/>
/>
/>
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 02:54:26 PM »
Have I missed the story of your drive home carnage?

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »
Here it is...
Recently I put 1.5" spacers on the front axle. Used blue thread lock that came with the spacers, torqued and off I went. No issues until last Sunday. Driving back from AL on 20, a wave of traffic went by me, lady passed me and immediately got over in front of me and let off the gas :fu( I braked pretty hard as she was a car length in front of me. Felt the jeep pull extremely hard to the right. Thought it was the new caliper sticking as I just put a new one on the week before. Let off and it drove fine. Braked again easier and same thing, pulled right. No wobble in the steering, no play in the wheel, normal. Then BAM! Left front tire and wheel comes off and rolls down the road at 65 along side the jeep  :o I could not really process that too well but it sounded like a damn freight train in my jeep. Sparks flying I slowly braked and pulled off the shoulder. Tire and wheel continued down the interstate into the median another 200 or so yards and stopped. THANK GOD it did not cross the highway to oncoming traffic. And NOBODY stopped!! Unbelievable. So, I got out and of all things... get this... the damn diff was buried in a fire ant hill  </LMAO/> Of all the luck! So I called Danny and he was about 20 minutes behind me. Called Tony as well. Danny showed up, I put the tire on the jeep and Danny backed his rig off and we pulled mine on the trailer. Danny drove the beast all the way home... like a damn Boss might I add  ;D Tony came and picked up my trailer (very thankful Tony) and I drove the sub with my jeep on the trailer home. Danny took it to Allsouth for repairs. So all in all, it made for an interesting ride home. Sydney was with me and it scared her but she was fine with it after a bit. I firmly believe if I did not have that trailer on the back, I might not be typing right now. The weight on the back kept me straight and stable. Probably would have flipped or slid sideways, then flipped at 65... try not to think about that too much. So needless to say, the spacers are not going back on and I will not be using any again. Trying to see if they will warranty it so I can atleast sell them somewhere. If not, I am out that $ plus repair costs. Looks like I will only need a new rotor, studs and repack the hubs. My daughter did not free my drivers hub like I asked her to (my fault for not checking {no}) The rotor took all the abuse and luckily it stayed off the knuckle and diff. If not, the axle would have been toast. I am a lucky man on 2 accounts. 1, I am here and 2, I have some of the best wheeling buddies in the world. My wheeling family was there when I needed them. Thomas stopped as well when he saw us. Can't say enough about the help and this club. So, there it is, my cheat death story  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]
I've grown tired of this.

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Wow no kidding. That's incredible and you are lucky to be here for sure. Hope ya don't mind me stealing those pictures from ya
Will

94 seXj

BigJerm

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »
Yikes! Glad yall are ok. You are right, it could have been a lot worse for you and others around. Tow pig and trailer FTW!

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »
Dang man! Glad you are okay. Now I am scared to put on my 1.5" spacers!!
Jay

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
Sorry Ben for putting the jinx on you back at camp when I said the only thing you've ever broke was a mirror. Next time I'll keep my big mouth shut!!  {no}
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
WOW! I'm glad Uall are ok. Your right there's a lot of good people in the club that will lend a hand to help a fellow Jeeper.
Mike

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
Are those RC? Looks kinda like them. I run spyder trax and have had no problems in 25k miles. Depending on the manufacturer, that could have explained the failure, and periodic checks should have been done. 
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM