BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JeepFest Crawl for the Kids September 6th - 8th 2013 Jasper, Ga  (Read 3594 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor

We had our first meeting today. We will get all the notes typed up and posted. Our club will have a GATR tent set up and we will be running the Extreme trail and will have to do the trail prep to get it ready. This will be a NEW trail!  I need to know who is planning on going and if you are going to be able to help with the trail rides. I also want to know who will be able to help with trail maintenance. This weekend can be very big for our club. They are expecting around 1000 Jeeps this year. We can have banners hanging in trees on the trail. We talked today about getting some kind of discount package for everybody that will be helping. This is the big reason we need to get a head count on who will helping  with what.

1) Cru9 (Bobby) all 3 day plus work weekends
2) TcDawg (Tony) all 3 days plus work weekends
3) Doug all 3 days will work tent
4) Skandalous (Thomas) All weekend and willing to help anywhere
5) ranier1315 (Marc) All weekend Can help with maintenance
6) Poptop (Kevin) All 3 days will help with Maintenance and during event
7) Scott.F (Scott) Maintenance and work tent
8) Matt - will be there at his own tent - Will help will trail prep
9) jc79 going to event will help work tent / trail
10) Jeepsson33s - all 3 days / will help on trail prep
11) RD Slyter - all 3 days - will help with trail prep
12) Ranryn - All 3 days will help with anything
13) kent10snel - all 3 days and will help with trail prep
14) Phantom (Danny) - Trail Prep - Work event Sunday
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:22:52 AM by PHANTOM »
Bobby

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: JeepFest Crawl for the Kids September 6th - 8th 2013 Jasper, Ga
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:07:31 AM »
Sorry for the delay in adding my notes but it looks like we have a great start to the volunteer list.

Like last year, there will be the Obstacle Course at the JeepFest Home Base site as well as off site trails.  The Sheriff has plans to add more obstacles to the course and add 1 more trail to the Sandy Bottoms area(which is where all the trails were last year) and also 2 more trails at another location called Moto Mountain.  

The Sheriff's office and their volunteers will handle the Obstacle Course...we asked that they get some experience by coming out and seeing the guys that would pre-run the courses so they could see what the needed to know for spotting.  He agreed with that comment.

Each trail will have a club handling it's management.  Of the clubs that showed up, they all pointed to GaTR to handle the new extreme trail, to located at the Sandy Bottom property, and we accepted it.  It will be our job to develop the trail and then staff it for the times it will be open.  The Sheriff has one more meeting with the landowner of the Sandy Bottoms property, once that is done he will let us know that we can come out and review the trail area.  Mike with JeepHut knows the general area of this potential trail and will meet us to point us in the right direction.  After that meeting we will know how much work it will take to develop the trail and then staff it during JeepFest.  This will be OUR trail and we can put up banners if we like to show GaTR's support.

Staffing for our trail will be necessary on Saturday(9/7) from 9am to 6pm and Sunday(9/8) from 10am to 3pm.  Based on the length and real world difficulty of the trail(they want a harder trail than last year's "hard" trail so they called it "extreme", we'll see how extreme it really is) we would need volunteers for trail leader and a tail gunner for probably 2/3 hour time slots.  The good news is that with enough volunteers, everyone will only have to do one slot and then have the rest of the time to enjoy the Fest!  The Sheriff offered his deputies and other employees to help stage and keep the waiting area organized and in shape and to ensure that the jeep folks are following the rules(seatbelts, everyone in a real seat, no drinking, proper equipment, etc).

For our efforts they will give us a "club" tent location on Club Row for free. We also asked them to consider a reduction in price for the volunteers.  The seemed very open to the discount idea, much more so that in the past.  I told the Sheriff that last year we had about 5 or 6 club members come out, two that volunteered...all paid full price.  This year we could easily have 20 to 30 members come out with half of those volunteering...I told him that a 50% discount for the volunteers would still net more to the Charity than last year.  He agreed and asked that we get him a rough number of volunteers as soon as possible and he would get back to us on a discount.  I think 50% off would be reasonable and fair to both us and them, this would be for those actually working on the trail and volunteering on the trail.

We also need to send them a GaTR logo, the Sheriff plans to put all the volunteer clubs on the JeepFest website.

More to come as we find out when we can get on the property and scout the trail and begin trial prep!

One more thing.  The Sheriff said that this time last year they had about 60 pre-registered, as of last Saturday they had 140 already pre-registered!

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »
Just remember guy this is a charity and will also make our club stand out and look good.
Bobby

Offline Skandalous

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
I cant wait for this event.  I met Blue and white wes there for the first time before even joining the club. We were at the same camp site .   I knew then Gatr was something special and we have a great opportunity to prove that here.  Will the "extreme" trail be at sandy bottom or Moto Mountain?
Thomas ,  Annie , Gibson and Baily and Tonkacon.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »
In - trail prep / work Sunday
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:31 AM »
Just remember guy this is a charity and will also make our club stand out and look good.

No doubt a great cause and they were great to work with last year.  As they grow, I would like to see them donate at least a portion of the proceeds to support the offroad community that supports Jeepfest.

Jeep Beach does both.  the Boys and Girls Club of Volusia/Flagler Counties ($14,000) and the BlueRibbon Coalition ($7,000).

Maybe the sheriff can get the county to open an offroad park like Harlan County.... {letseat}

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »
Definitely a great event last year. I look forward to its improvements last year and what this can bring for the club. We really need to show up strong, help where need and show people what is great about organized offroading.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 12:00:42 PM »
I cant wait for this event.  I met Blue and white wes there for the first time before even joining the club. We were at the same camp site .   I knew then Gatr was something special and we have a great opportunity to prove that here.  Will the "extreme" trail be at sandy bottom or Moto Mountain?

Sandy Bottom
Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:06:05 PM »

No doubt a great cause and they were great to work with last year.  As they grow, I would like to see them donate at least a portion of the proceeds to support the offroad community that supports Jeepfest.

Jeep Beach does both.  the Boys and Girls Club of Volusia/Flagler Counties ($14,000) and the BlueRibbon Coalition ($7,000).

Maybe the sheriff can get the county to open an offroad park like Harlan County.... {letseat}

This year there are 3 charities being supported

Ga Sheriffs youth Home
Sheriffs Foundation of Pickens County
The Joy House

They talked a little about Moto Mountain might start opening Jeep Offroad trails after the turn out from last year and the main reason he is letting Jeeps come play on his property this year. He was real impressed from last years event.
Bobby

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »
all 3 days ... will help with trail prep/maintenance/tent
JK-AJ

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
Post up! we need to get a count turned in so they know how many of us are coming in. Then they will be able to tell us about any kind of discount they will offer
Bobby

onlygoon

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
Me and dad are going to be there. All three days

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM