BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: The Wallow is no more?  (Read 467 times)

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
The Wallow is no more?
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »
I know not many people rode here, but my buddy Texsun sent me these pics from today. It was always a good Sunday ride type of place, but it has been completely grated now. These were where it was completely rutted out and I had seen several jeeps flop here.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
Re: The Wallow is no more?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »
That kinda looks familiar.  What about all the hills?
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

BigJerm

Re: Re: The Wallow is no more?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
There has been talk a long time in doing that. It was not passable by EMS and maybe land owners wanted it?

Sent from S3

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
He said the hill climbs are all blocked off currently with large dirt mounds. Only thing really accessible is the creek crossing

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
Grated?

Sent off camber now Free

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:16:44 PM »
He said the hill climbs are all blocked off currently with large dirt mounds. Only thing really accessible is the creek crossing

Well that sucks.  I almost took a group of out of towners there this past weekend.  Glad we decided to stay up near Helen.  Guess it was bound to happen at some point.  Not sure why EMS needs to access as there are no homes that I know of to access from that part of the road.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline ATLSRT8

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
Grated?

Sent off camber now Free

Flattened? haha

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
Graded looks like.  Not gated though.  Never went.  Always felt most was inappropriate wheeling. Not into the red clay.  Sure wish we had a place in north GA with rocks.

Sent off camber now Free

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »
That was a really fun little section of road right there.... it's amazing they have money to spend on these "projects" when there is so much more that would appear to be higher on the priority ladder.
JK-AJ

BigJerm

Re: Re: Re: The Wallow is no more?
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »

Well that sucks.  I almost took a group of out of towners there this past weekend.  Glad we decided to stay up near Helen.  Guess it was bound to happen at some point.  Not sure why EMS needs to access as there are no homes that I know of to access from that part of the road.

I'm not saying EMS was a reason, just something I heard. Make sense, I have seen logging trucks and power trucks back there, you got guys flipping jeeps over, EMS could be important.

The hill climbs were not part of the road anyways so no big deal right? Lets hope they had a real reason to do It and not a money waster like the local government is good at!

Sent from S3

Offline BlackDak

• Visitor
  • That noise is normal
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
WOW that really sucks.

Edit: apparently all is not lost. A buddy that was there 3 hrs ago said this: "Na its not bad they just graded one part. all the hills, creek, and mud are still there. they blocked the route that went onto the private land. that all I seen when I went out there today. Plus, let it rain a couple of times and u wont be able to tell they even graded it lol"

and here is a pic he took from there earlier:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:45:58 PM by BlackDak »
04' Dakota Quadcab 4x4

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM