BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: I need to make a career change  (Read 644 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
I need to make a career change
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »
That's all.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »
Let me knew what you want to do and I can let you know how competitive the market is for the position. (Supply of candidates vs. How many companies hiring)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Jay

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: I need to make a career change
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
Chuck, I hear male prostitution pays well.   //rtft//
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Re: I need to make a career change
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
I just strarted studying for the gmat. What a pain that's going to be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »
Chuck, I hear male prostitution pays well.   //rtft//

Matt, I would starve!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
Let me knew what you want to do and I can let you know how competitive the market is for the position. (Supply of candidates vs. How many companies hiring)

Lol, I want Danny's job!

Honestly, I'm not sure what I want to do. I have a BS in Business Management, I'm a project manager for a company that builds light rail systems (like MARTA) and have managed projects valued at around $86 million. I'm also pretty good at using P3 scheduling software. The problem is I work for a national contractor and there's no way I'm going to make the money I do working for a more local or smaller company. So now I'm thinking, if I'm willing to take a pay cut then maybe it's time to get out of construction and try something different.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Oscar_Mike 2013

• Oscar Mike OG
  • Visitor
  • We might be friends, but I will still correct you!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »
Sometimes, doing what you want to do instead of what pays the bills is worth far more than the money you are making.  The paycut might hurt for a little bit until you work your budget around.
So new to this that I don't even know what to ask!!!!
Richard Russell

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »

Lol, I want Danny's job!

Honestly, I'm not sure what I want to do. I have a BS in Business Management, I'm a project manager for a company that builds light rail systems (like MARTA) and have managed projects valued at around $86 million. I'm also pretty good at using P3 scheduling software. The problem is I work for a national contractor and there's no way I'm going to make the money I do working for a more local or smaller company. So now I'm thinking, if I'm willing to take a pay cut then maybe it's time to get out of construction and try something different.

Haha, we all want Danny's job. Or better yet Adam's job...he just sits on his ass all day combing his hair. :)

If you get serious about a career change and want some market data before you put in too much effort, let me know.

Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »
Don't be crazy...golden handcuffs are still golden.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »

Lol, I want Danny's job!

Haha, we all want Danny's job. Or better yet Adam's job...he just sits on his ass all day combing his hair. :)

If you get serious about a career change and want some market data before you put in too much effort, let me know.

Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline brentdavis

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:10:27 PM »

This made me laugh....
Brent Davis

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 01:00:14 PM »

Lol, I want Danny's job!

Thanks. Are you a head hunter?
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM