BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JANUARY 18 2014 - N. GEORGIA FS RIDE AND DINNER OPEN DISCUSSION  (Read 52243 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: JANUARY 18 2014 - N. GEORGIA FS RIDE AND DINNER OPEN DISCUSSION
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
Saturday is scouting day, and RAIN is forecast...  //:bs//

Damn, I would love to come out and play, but I think I am booked for some domestic effort.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »
Thanks.  It's a crazy day when I go scouting, so usually go solo.  I spent 14 hours in the mountains last time, hit a lot of dead ends, and seasonally gated roads, and spent a lot of time on Trey Mountain in the dark in a fog that i could only run the fog lights in and creep along at the speed of smell.  It was cool.

Offline JakeRobinson88

• Visitor
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »
If im off and get to go ill be in my friends TJ and he says his Cb needs to be tuned or something... Can anyone here do that at the drivers meeting? I know nothing about CBs
Jake, Tabitha (21), Landon (1), and Evan (6 months)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
Yes, that is the time to do it...but get there early since we need full attention at the drivers' meeting.  Depending on the meeting location, I may be there 30 minutes early with an SWR meter.  Make sure basic CB installation procedures have been followed so we don't spend a bunch of time tracing down common issues (antenna mount not grounded properly; wrong part of antenna incorrectly touching ground). 

Read and follow these resources:

Start with success in mind:
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/successful-cb-installation

Be prepared to tune your CB following these instructions (i.e., read them ahead of time, have a printed copy available for reference):
http://www.rightchannelradios.com/tuning-cb-antenna-adjusting-swr
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline rodi

• Visitor
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2014, 09:40:16 PM »
Yes, that is the time to do it...but get there early since we need full attention at the drivers' meeting.  Depending on the meeting location, I may be there 30 minutes early with an SWR meter.  Make sure basic CB installation procedures have been followed so we don't spend a bunch of time tracing down common issues (antenna mount not grounded properly; wrong part of antenna incorrectly touching ground). 

Be prepared to tune your CB following these instructions (i.e., read them ahead of time, have a printed copy available for reference):
reading up on properly grounding the CB antenna now, which i have yet to do. would i be getting "loud and clear" from truckers while i'm not properly grounded?
planning on getting a grounding strap and running inside to the tub, but not sure where to connect at the antenna end. the accessory mount for my teraflex hinge has a cb antenna mount, and an adjoining bolt hole which i may assume is the spot for the ground. is this correct/sufficient?
Ryan

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »

reading up on properly grounding the CB antenna now, which i have yet to do. would i be getting "loud and clear" from truckers while i'm not properly grounded?
planning on getting a grounding strap and running inside to the tub, but not sure where to connect at the antenna end. the accessory mount for my teraflex hinge has a cb antenna mount, and an adjoining bolt hole which i may assume is the spot for the ground. is this correct/sufficient?

Ground the antenna mount itself, the antenna is attached to it and that will properly ground the antenna. You may not need a separate ground, but you won't know until you check your SWR.

Offline bear991

• Visitor
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2014, 10:42:32 PM »
If your getting loud and clear responses from your radio checks sounds like you have it grounded good already. Just check it with a SWR meter before you use it much so you don't burn up the finals in your radio
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2014, 04:53:21 AM »
Has to be working well if truckers are responding unless you are sitting next to them.

Sent off camber

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:16 AM »
Has to be working well if truckers are responding unless you are sitting next to them.

Sent off camber
I can talk to truckers along way off!! Just got a flash back from driving up to last year's FS ride
Bobby

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2014, 07:07:36 AM »
That's how Bobby meets girls in truck stops too

Sent off camber

Offline Lhub36

• Visitor
  • Nope wasn't me
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2014, 07:30:12 AM »
That's how Bobby meets girls in truck stops too

Sent off camber
You dont wanna do that!! Stay away from Lot Lizards!!
Lenn

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline tj05world

• Visitor
  • snowman
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2014, 10:46:07 AM »
_Ha  Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zack

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE