BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Light Maintenance  (Read 209 times)

Offline bear991

• Visitor
Light Maintenance
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:35:39 PM »
Planned on some light maintenance on the jeep today......boy was I wrong. Pulled it in the shop to fix some lights,while it was sitting I noticed a drip on the floor under it and Saturday I thought I had caught a wiff of gear oil once or twice. Slid under it and found a seal leaking on the front shaft on the transfer case. The front drive shaft on my CJ with a automatic has a Double Cardon u-joint at the t-case so the belly pan had to be dropped to get the shaft out so I could get to the seal. Pulled the shaft and rusty water came out of one bearing cup so  installed two spicer u-joints. Got the seal out.....no seal nowhere......the only parts store I deal with couldn't get one till Friday.  Started digging around in my motorcycle parts,got the mic out did a little measuring and (cifering as my Grandpop would put it) and found a transmission output shaft seal for a 2001 HD Softail that worked like it was made for it.
Sorry on pics, I get in there and hammer away at stuff till it's done,never thinking about pics
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do- The Duke

Bear

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
Damn!  At least you had enough stuff, and skill, to solve you problems.  Are you going to Morris this weekend?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline bear991

• Visitor
Re: Light Maintenance
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »
Man I don't know.....I want to......Where are you staying?

Bear

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 07:53:13 PM »
Hilton Garden Inn in Oxford.   I'm staying Friday night and driving home in Saturday night.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline bear991

• Visitor
Re: Light Maintenance
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
Ok I'm going to check see if they have any rooms available

Bear

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK