BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Sept 11 2009 Tellico Vets Ride  (Read 7415 times)

Kat1030

Re: Sept 11 2009 Tellico Vets Ride
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 03:44:34 PM »
that sounds like i would be willing to do that also, being a vet myself you can count me in.

BigJerm

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »
so anybody checked the site lately? His rig is looking SICK! I checked the forums though and didnt see anything for GA or SC so is the Tellico thing still on for 09'?

O and now I gots me a 4 door so I can carry more folks

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 12:10:39 PM »
Dynatracs?.... dang  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

ghostdancer308

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 01:30:42 PM »
I am all in for this ride as well. I guess I will either be here in Iraq till those damn Dems take over(LOL)!! or in Afghanistan..again. Anyways, I just seen this JK on the other board and was curious about this guy. He has a ton in after market upgrades. Who is this guy? I have been up by Fallujah, where this guy says he is at. He must have spent all his hazard pay on this thing. Hell, I would like to meet him and see this JK up close. Good for him. I like to see that working around the Hadji's and putting up with this heat paid off for the guy. Bad ass JK. g

RotorHead

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »
I was just talking with Jason about this ride. He is the one that is putting all of this stuff together. He's also the one with the badass JK that you keep hearing about. Here's the pm he sent me.

Hi Mike...regarding Tellico, the guy who was going to host that event contacted me and said he wouldn't be able to host it any longer. Further, he told me that with the trail closures there, it would be difficult to know what would be available there next year.

I'm actually going up to Tellico on the 14th for a few days...want to get up there at least one more time and have some fun before they close more trails.

Because of those things, we had to cancel that event. There is a club in Florida (Matanzas Jeep Club) that has expressed interest in hosting an event in Georgia at River Rock. When I get back there, I'm going to meet with the guy and go over that. Due to the large number of military bases in GA, I think that might be the better option.

There's a club in FL called Clay County 4x4's. I've met a bunch of the guys at the FL charity event a few months ago and they have invited me to go to River Rock at the end of this month (Labor Day weekend). So, I'm doing my best to try to work it out where I can get up there.

The schedule on the main website is the correct one. I don't foresee that changing between now and the start of the program.

Thanks for showing your support for this program. I hope you and your fellow club members will be able to make it to one of the events. Your group is VERY well known throughout Georgia and even FL.
Thanks,
Jason

Here's my reply:

Hey Jason,

Sorry to hear about Tellico, but you're right, there's no telling what will still be open. River Rocks a great place. We go there often and I know the owner pretty well. Here's a link from one of our past rides there.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...ght=river+rock

When you say you're going to Tellico on the 14th, do you mean August 14th? I hope so, because we will be there that weekend also for our monthly ride. We have the large cabin rented at Tellico cabins and you would be welcome to stay if you want. Here's a link to the thread. It's been locked, but if you want to go, you're in. I'm one of the trail ride organizers for The Georgia Trailriders. We also have a new guy riding with us that weekend that's just coming back from Iraq. He's a civilian sniper.

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForu...p?topic=1836.0

As far as hosting an event goes, Our club would be interested in this. I don't know if we would be large enough to sponsor the whole event, but we would love to help.

Thanks,

Mike

I'll let you know what I find out.

BigJerm

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »
if they want to have it at River Rock I will gladly help out

ranger11

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »
x2 It would be nice to give back to those who fight so we can do whatever we want. :) :) :) :) :)

RotorHead

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »
Here's his reply. It looks like they will be there at Tellico Cabins the same time we are.

Yep, August 14th I'm going up there...will probably stay until the 17th. I'm going up there with Brad Wilkins, the guy from Overbuilt Customs who's helping me modify my Jeep (www.overbuiltcustoms.com).

Brad will have his 2 son's there and one of his son's friends. I think his wife is going to be there, but she might end up takin' off and going to Atlanta one of the days. We've got two cabins reserved (I believe at Tellico Cabins because I know it's not at Crawford's).

Shouldn't be hard to miss my Jeep (big black 4 door with a fastback hard top), so if you see me, definitely flag me down.

If you all are interested in helping out with the GA event, I can let the other club know about that when I meet with them. A dual hosted event with your club and theirs should go down really well.

See you in 2 weekends!
Jason

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 08:47:20 AM »
iS THIS THE RIGHT DATE? 2008 OR 2009?
I've grown tired of this.

RotorHead

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »
Just wondering since the see you in 2 weeks part.
I've grown tired of this.

RotorHead

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
Just wondering since the see you in 2 weeks part.

The Tellico part is in two weeks.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM