BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Used Car Dealer Prices and Jetta tdi  (Read 196 times)

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Used Car Dealer Prices and Jetta tdi
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
So I have been looking at cars over the last few weeks. I am wanting a 2006 jetta tdi for my commuter car to work.   I have been to a few used car dealers and basically offer there internet price as my out the door price. This is basically asking them to knock of 600 for the tax and tag fees. All three dealers will not budge on price. Is this common know for used car dealers. I was shocked by this to say the least.   

If anyone has a lead on a 06 tdi with less than 140,000 miles on it let me know

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Used Car Dealer Prices and Jetta tdi
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »
Just depends on how popular the car is really to what they will do.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Used Car Dealer Prices and Jetta tdi
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »
I have had GREAT dealings with Honda Mall of GA. I've bought 3 autos from them. The first one we got $2K cheaper than they wanted for it.
Second one we got for $2K or $2500 less, I forget. Plus, a new transmission in the deal.
Third one we traded the car above back in on & they gave us $3k for it & it needed ANOTHER transmission. Plus, we got them to come down a few thousand on the car.

We would walk in, see a auto SHE liked, drive it, sit down with the salesperson to get the numbers going. They would give us a number & we would start the game
We would counter with we have X amount to spend. They would go back & forth to their "boss" to run it by him & they'd come back with a smaller number than before, but not close enough to the final number my wife & I  had planned to spend.  This took a lot of back & forth from both parties.

On one car I paid a almost $200 more than I wanted to & another I got $500 cheaper than we were willing to pay.

All thru this process I acted as if I would walk at any time. I was never rude just stuck to the amount of cash we had available to spend.

We have been very lucky. We only buy used cars & pay in cash.

I had one salesman joke I should come work for them as their negotiator.

Next time we shop for a car first stop will be there.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:34:51 AM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM