BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Everyone OK  (Read 1039 times)

Offline HammerG26

• Visitor
Everyone OK
« on: March 15, 2008, 02:38:32 PM »
Sitting here checking the weather and watching the craziness outside - thought I would see if everyone is ok out there?

Hammer
Hammer
2007 Sahara Unlimited Steel Blue
Automatic, Tow Pkg, Freedom Top

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Everyone OK
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »
Sitting here checking the weather and watching the craziness outside - thought I would see if everyone is ok out there?

Hammer

Where are you? Beautiful at River Rock today. We've been riding all morning.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline HammerG26

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
Canton - a little south of it actually... KNEW I should have gone out today...
Hammer
2007 Sahara Unlimited Steel Blue
Automatic, Tow Pkg, Freedom Top

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »

Hammer

Where are you? Beautiful at River Rock today. We've been riding all morning.

Got cloudy here for awhile, looked like it was about to pour, then got sunny all of a sudden. Will, when do you want to hit the trails tomorrow morning?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:45:44 PM »
Luckily for us, we are right in between it. South of the earlier storm that went through Cartersville and Canton and North of the storm that went through Douglasville and then Atlanta. Actually kind of nice right now.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »
Got hail damage on 3 of my vehicles. Sucks. Guess I'll be calling the insurance company tomorrow. I'm in Canton, had hail bigger than golf balls.
'06 Jeep Wrangler X

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »
We almost got wiped out last night.  There was a lot of damage all around our place.  We live off of Glenwood ave between East Atlant and Grant park, just southeast of cabbage town.   It was pretty scary there for about 5 minutes around 9:45.  It was a very strange feeling right as the tornado went through.  I've been through a lot of storms but I've never felt compelled to go in the basement or seek more shelter, but I didn't even think twice about it last night.  The lights flickered a couple of times with the gusts of wind and then darkness, I didn't hear the train sound that so many talk about but there was a definite different sound outside.  I feel fortunate. 

Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Daniel

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty drizzly all morning then it poured on us 2 or 3 times, but even that was pretty fun.  There was lightning right next to us up on top of that mountain.. under the power lines.. good times.  Everyone lived though.

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »
Got about 5 minutes of nasty hail here, but other than that no big deal.

Have we heard from any of the Aetna folks?  Looked like it got nasty up there, and they were out in it.

Postal

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:11 PM »
I dodged it by just a few minutes today.  I left Knucklebusters at around lunch and took hwy 113&100&101 to get to Alabama ( the same path the tornado in Polk county took).
As I went thru downtown Cartersville the sirens went off but I really didn't see anything that looked scary.

So,....on the way back tonite, a section of 113 is closed and also hwy 61 that sits right up against the airport was closed.  I had to take a back road to get by 61 and it took me right over the path the tornado went. LOTS of trees down and cut up and fences pushed across the road.  I'm sure there was some structural damage but we couldn't see it because it was so dark.

My boys and I are going to load up some tools tomorrow and head out to see if we can lend a hand to folks trying to clean up.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 10:39:28 PM »
Aetna crew is back and all is well. I will have some pics up soon.
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 11:50:21 PM »
yeah we got hit pretty good at Aetna, had lighting strikes in the field we were in. Rain got rough a few times

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM