BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Looking for an fun place to wheel/camp this weekend  (Read 165 times)

PyratM

Looking for an fun place to wheel/camp this weekend
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:32:01 AM »
So it looks like Beasley will be wet this weekend and as such they will more than likely be closed. I had a camping trip lined up there with a bunch of people going so now I need to find another place. The group will consist of Jeeps, trucks, SXS's and four wheelers. What is an easy place to go that does ot shut down with rain that is close by and also has camping? I thought about Morris, but they don't allow atv's. More than likely I think I will have to be looking at forrest service roads. Dodd, Charlie's Creek, and Bell are the ones that come to mind first. I don't need anything too crazy because A) I will have trucks with me and B) I'd like to go out just one time and not break something for a change.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Looking for an fun place to wheel/camp this weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Durhamtown... they have everything you want there but not alot in the way of rocks. Expensive too. Gulches is fairly close as well.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Re: Looking for an fun place to wheel/camp this weekend
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:54:25 PM »
FS roads have many free and pay campsites.  There is a nice pay camp on Rock Creek Rd - indoor toilets and BBQs.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM