BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Still been searching!!  (Read 410 times)

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
Still been searching!!
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
Alright fellas I still been in the search for my unlimited and I am seeing the finances come together and think it could be working out pretty soon.  I have come up with more questions for the experts.

1. What year did jeep start coming with the sunrider soft top?
2. Is the lug pattern for jeep the same through the years or is JK different from TJ and so on?
3. At what lift hieght do you have to change your driveshaft for length?
4. Whats the biggest tire that can be run on the new rubicon wheels?

Thanks for the help and info cant wait to be a core member and start meeting y'all on the trail!!! THanks again!
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
Dana 44 front and rear lockers
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Still been searching!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:06:05 AM »
#2. Tj 5 on 4.5 , jk 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
You can join CORE at any time.  It is a simple matter of committing some bucks.  Sign up, pay, and join us at the next CORE only event, in August.

I can't answer your lift question, but you have a Rubicon, so you will not have to do a SYE.  If you need a new drive shaft, you can just measure and order one (lucky dog), after your lift is on and you have the vehicle on the ground (tires carrying the full load of the vehicle).
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »

My 08 and 09 had it.  Not sure about 07.

2. Is the lug pattern for jeep the same through the years or is JK different from TJ and so on?
no... TJ 5x4.5.   2007 on JK is 5x5.

3. At what lift height do you have to change your driveshaft for length?
Depends on 2 or 4 door, auto or stick, year model etc.
TJ's almost immediately.
JK's 2.5" no problem for me on a auto 4 door with the rear.  I always change the front immediately with a lift to protect the transfer case (were some exploding transfer cases on hwy with stock shafts).  At 3.5" I should replace the rear now.

I had 40's on mine on my previous jeep waiting on my beadlocks to arrive.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:48:22 AM by Doug »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 08:14:57 AM »
#2. Tj 5 on 4.5 , jk 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern

JK bolt pattern is 5 on 5

5 on 5.5 is incorrect

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 08:20:39 AM »
Alright fellas I still been in the search for my unlimited and I am seeing the finances come together and think it could be working out pretty soon.  I have come up with more questions for the experts.

3. At what lift hieght do you have to change your driveshaft for length?

Thanks for the help and info cant wait to be a core member and start meeting y'all on the trail!!! THanks again!

The Sunrider top - I think, as Doug mentioned, it is 2008 and up but not sure.  I wouldn't get too hung up on this option.  Find the jeep you want that fits your main criteria.  If it has a top other than the exact one you want you can easily buy a 2012/up soft top with the cable closing system and sunrider for about $450 or so if you keep your eye out on the forums...people selling them all the time.

As Doug also mentioned, you can run just about any size tire you want on the stock Rubi wheels but will want to run 1.5" spacers when you go bigger than a 33" tire.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:21:41 AM by tcdawg »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
I agree, find the Jeep you want... the top is an easy mod.

On the tops...

most want tinted windows so look for that if you do...  and the windows sizes are different from the old style to the new style.  I bought a new style and wanted to use my tinted windows... no go. sold it and kept the old style.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
My 05 Unlimited came with a Sunrider top.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »
if you don't disconnect and ride mostly trails and onroad with 2.5 lift you are pretty much fine in a JKU auto 4 door and with control arms you can adjust the angles back.  Have to monitor it though.  If you do disconnect and flex it to stuff your front tires the front shaft can be more of a problem - you must monitor the rubber boot by the transfer case, if it breaks and sheds grease its done.  Its going to break eventually if you wheel it over the kind of obstacles that the Jeep is capable of with a common configuration of 2.5 lift, stock arms and 35's! 
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline Nastygnome

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »
Thanks guys great input as usual I think I'll go ahead and join as core member.  Then maybe if someone wants co-pilot on some of the rides until I finally pull the trigger then I can go.  I did look at some more info on the newer jeeps with hill descent assist?  I know mostly ppl are saying automatic all the way but I always had straight shift jeeps in the past does the assist really help in tough obstacles like rocks?  Or is it truly not that impressive?  The automatic would be nice for te wife to drive but I still really like the maintenance and durability of a manual.
2007 Jeep JK Rubicon 2Dr
Dana 44 front and rear lockers
stock suspension
automatic transmission
silver and black

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM