BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So what makes a mall crawler a mall crawler?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: So what makes a mall crawler a mall crawler?
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 01:53:14 PM »
Which group?

Off Grid Post

I've grown tired of this.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
Facebook group - Georgia Who's Riding Where.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »
Richard.......

PyratM

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 06:52:21 PM »
Nice enough group of guys, I just couldn't be happy only riding Bell, Dodd, Charlies, Dicks, Trey, and the similar others. The trails are pretty easy and I would need more variety. I like what and where you guys ride, I just feel like a big tampon around you all because guys in here on 33s are pushing harder than I am willing to on 42s. I am man enough to admit my rig`s capabilities outweigh my pockets ability to repair it.

PyratM

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »
And my talent

PyratM

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »
Now that's funny. I will say that I was following Doug up some nasty trails at Golden, and he went on more that I felt fine saying nope, not me! After some run ins with a few trees and the insurance claim that followed I'm more a mall crawler now than most anyone on here. I'll still go on trails, just none where I need even 10% of what I have done to mine. So in short, I guess I am classified as borderline mall crawler. Still rocking all my rocker damage though from Golden and Chocco!

Ha ha, pretty sure I seen a recent video to the contrary.  Your secret is safe though as I have been banned from the group that posted it.   //:'(//

Haha. Doug has already  made it public long ago that I am comfy in mud.

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
Nice enough group of guys, I just couldn't be happy only riding Bell, Dodd, Charlies, Dicks, Trey, and the similar others. The trails are pretty easy and I would need more variety. I like what and where you guys ride, I just feel like a big tampon around you all because guys in here on 33s are pushing harder than I am willing to on 42s. I am man enough to admit my rig`s capabilities outweigh my pockets ability to repair it.

You went from zero to the speed of light with your rig build, so it isn't surprising you need more seat time to be comfortable with the rig's capabilities. Additionally, you actually drive your vehicle to work, or at least I think you do, so you shouldn't be taking unreasonable risks.  IMHO, the lesser built rigs that go for the crazy stuff should be driven by guys with trailers and another vehicle capable of getting them to/from work.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 09:39:54 PM »

May be a nice enough group of guys.  They are just pounding the same few trails every weekend with large groups of Jeeps.  I don't think those trails can sustain that amount of traffic.  And with the large groups you get more chance of people wandering off the legal roads.  Apparently it's a touchy subject for them, like I said that is all they do, every weekend.

Anyway, back on topic.  Go to any Meet and Greet type event and you will see plenty of Mall Crawlers first hand.  Look for unscratched paint, nice and shiny black under carriage and/or fancy exhaust tips coming out below the bumper.   //no//
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:27 AM »
Anyway, back on topic.  Go to any Meet and Greet type event and you will see plenty of Mall Crawlers first hand.  Look for unscratched paint, nice and shiny black under carriage and/or fancy exhaust tips coming out below the bumper.
This makes me feel better, no damage apparent on JK but when you look at my mangled exhaust end, rock rails, and undercarriage armor yes, its been on the rocks.  I threw Doug out there but my JK is at the gym, library, grocery or Lake Lanier most of the time its not looking great in front of the houzz. 
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 09:55:32 AM »
So how did you get banned ?

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »

So how did you get banned ?

Probably by speaking the truth about illegal wheeling

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »
right on

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM