BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Another save  (Read 375 times)

BigJerm

Another save
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »
So we all remember my story of winching that kid out of the mud in Columbus? Picture below for memory

Well this evening on my way home from school I turn on the back roads to get to my house. They wind around an older part of the neighborhood that backs up to swamp land, o yummy. Well as I go around a curve i see mud flying behind a house so I slow down as I go by. I see an newer F150 in mud and an older Dodge Ram trying to pull him out spinning as well. So I turn around and go back and ask if they need any help and they said yes. So I pull around the back of the house to see what’s going on. Here is the picture. New body style F150 unloaded (power nothing, 2wd, V6) on street tires and a 98 Dodge Ram 2wd on A/Ts and the Dodge is yanking on the Ford with a CHAIN that is definitely not rated for this kind of load. So I back in place, hook the winch up with a tree saver that I had him attach to his truck (around the frame, no tow points) and I pull him out super easy. Well as soon as he gets out of that hole he hits the gas, spins some more, and is stuck again. So I move around a little, pull him more at an angle and then I unhook and tell him to back up opposite angle into the mud. I get enough room to get around the front of him, hook up the 20' strap and pull him the rest of the way out of the backyard. I then go back and pull the Dodge out who got him self stuck as well.

O yeah, never put it in 4wd.....  nln

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I was near 8 pm when I got there, and cold. Apparently these guys are landscapers so they got one hell of a job in front of them now! O and the owner told me they had been stuck since 10 am this morning and no tow service would pull them out. So here are 2 pictures off the camera phone, sorry for crappy shot. Tough to see but the holes are very dug out and the back bumper in the second picture is actually on the ground.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Re: Another save
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »
Nice save. Did they offer you anything for your kindness?
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »
Nice save. Did they offer you anything for your kindness?

not a thing! I was there almost an hour. But o well, they got a job infront of them fixing the yard that now has 4 holes, probably 30 ft worth of muddy ruts and a home owner who looked a little pissed lastnight.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »
Good save!  :D  Your winch has been priceless since Tellico!

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »
it has been. I wonder if all those problems were just a major flaw in their solenoid design with my old winch? This one has been great and has been used a decent bit with no problems. Ive pulled myself up slickrock, tried to pull Dave, pulled 2 trucks out, saved daniel and pulled some trees in Atlanta with no issues. My old winch pulled my brothers 4wheeler and me out of a mud bog and thats all the use it got.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »
I need a good winch.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE