BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Who watched "Off road warriors" last night?  (Read 1985 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Who watched "Off road warriors" last night?
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 08:59:36 PM »
I still think the film crew is not letting the teams use their lockers. Too many times super jeep has gotten stuck in the mud and only 1 front and 1 rear wheel pulling. I know Carl has lockers. Even that douche in the rover had lockers.

I noticed the same thing just couldn't figure out why they wouldn't lock up. All the rigs have been doing it.

And unless I have missed it, not one broken U joint...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:01:23 PM by tcdawg »

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Re: Who watched "Off road warriors" last night?
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 11:40:09 PM »
I still think the film crew is not letting the teams use their lockers. Too many times super jeep has gotten stuck in the mud and only 1 front and 1 rear wheel pulling. I know Carl has lockers. Even that douche in the rover had lockers.

I noticed the same thing just couldn't figure out why they wouldn't lock up. All the rigs have been doing it.

didnt the rover dbags bust a drive shaft joint early? im not quite caught up, but i dont think they shoulda let em back in either.. its like ahhh its terrible, but i cant stop watching..
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2015, 08:07:47 AM »

didnt the rover dbags bust a drive shaft joint early? im not quite caught up, but i dont think they shoulda let em back in either.. its like ahhh its terrible, but i cant stop watching..
Yea rover dbags busted one. He is dq and can't win, I have no idea why they let him back in other than to make some drama.
I can't stop watching this stupid show either.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
I agree, it's good entertainment.  I do wish they would show some additional "around camp" footage as I have to believe there are some interesting conversations...
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2015, 10:08:54 AM »

It doesn't SEEM like most of the rigs have lockers?  I haven't  been able to find any tech specs on the vehicles online (bored at work time). 
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2015, 11:08:09 AM »
It doesn't SEEM like most of the rigs have lockers?  I haven't  been able to find any tech specs on the vehicles online (bored at work time). 
Carl has talked out loud a couple times during different show about turning on the lockers when they went to do something.  And one of the dbags in rover said make sure the lockers are on. I have no proof other than that. Two of those rigs a built pretty dang good.   I really feel like the film crew is having the rigs with selectable lockers turn them off because they need to manufacture some drama because the rigs are blowing through the obstacles too easy. 
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »
Found this.  http://www.off-camber.com/forum/topic/3158-off-road-warriors-alaska/page__st__125
You just killed any hope of me doing any work for the rest of the day till I read the entire thread.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
Ha ha!  Your welcome!
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
Ha ha!  Your welcome!
Thank you sir!  This one Carl on page 3 made my day. Jantz Engineering "In our case the field producers scouted out the routes in helicopters and moose buggies for two months preceding the show then choose strategic places to set up camera men who I tried to hit every time I drove past them." "suddenly you come around a corner and there is a camera on a tripod and drone over head, you instantly know your about to get in deep dodo."
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
Very good read there, thanks!

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2015, 03:21:17 PM »
Did you guys go into the pirate 4x4 thread as well?

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM