BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Dynatrac Axles for sale  (Read 9954 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Dynatrac Axles for sale
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 02:30:28 PM »
may be fitment issues there too. @jd30005 has 1350 joints at the Atlas. Not sure what @clark123456 is running.

True. 

I think I am going to find a way to afford an Atlas and pull the trigger on it.  I will be sure to order it with the 1350 joints.  @PHANTOM expect a call soon.

I'll be back Monday. I'll get the price down for you

Awesome!  I'll call you or I may just come up there and pay for those tires.  I also need to figure out what to do about the steering.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »
Thread derailment--steering?  New drag link I assume.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »
Thread derailment--steering? 

Yep...remember that ADHD thread. LOL

New drag link I assume.

I think I'll need new everything from pitman arm connection down to TREs.  John is going to try to use his current setup (Ruff Stuff 1-ton 'Y', iirc) on the new axle.  If it won't work, then we'll work something out...assuming I don't get impatient.  I'm broke, so my patience is pretty high.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Rockjock

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
Congrats on the axles Clark. If you are planning on ordering an Atlas I would do it ASAP as they are 6-8 weeks out on new builds currently when I spoke with AA Monday. If you end up needing a front or rear CV DS I have a few that might work for you. http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=13629.0

If you do go with ORIs now they are a 3-4 weeks out on new builds as well. Also, on the ORI topic add the cost of the ORI dual fill kit and Nitrogen tank to your list you will need them both. If you aren't set on going that route yet Currie has a set of frequency tuned KOH coil springs that are great with FOX tuned RRs from Wayne @ Alltech. I would run 12" out-boarded Fox's on the rear and 11" Fox's on the front with a modified upper/lower mount. On the budget side I think the stock Currie coils and big can Rancho RS9000s are a nice ride compromise.

I have run 6 different PCS steering configurations and if you have any questions about different setups feel free to contact me. I will say that even the most expensive out of box PCS kits will leave you wanting more. I can say that my current setup is just as at home on the freeway as it is at KOH.
2000 TJ, LS, D44/9 inch
2015 JKU
Jimmy’s 4x4 Bloodline Podium buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2015, 12:18:18 PM »
Congrats on the axles Clark. If you are planning on ordering an Atlas I would do it ASAP as they are 6-8 weeks out on new builds currently when I spoke with AA Monday. If you end up needing a front or rear CV DS I have a few that might work for you. http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=13629.0

Ok, I did pull the trigger on the Atlas.  I got an email yesterday stating my Atlas would ship on the 8th; however, further in the email they stated that lead times on Atlas, Orion, etc may have longer lead times.   I was confused.  I think I'll send an email to find out what is going on.

I will get some measurements once I get the stuff installed.  Thanks for the reminder...I forgot you had all of that for sale.

If you do go with ORIs now they are a 3-4 weeks out on new builds as well. Also, on the ORI topic add the cost of the ORI dual fill kit and Nitrogen tank to your list you will need them both. If you aren't set on going that route yet Currie has a set of frequency tuned KOH coil springs that are great with FOX tuned RRs from Wayne @ Alltech. I would run 12" out-boarded Fox's on the rear and 11" Fox's on the front with a modified upper/lower mount. On the budget side I think the stock Currie coils and big can Rancho RS9000s are a nice ride compromise.

I am going to suffer through my current suspension until I get this round of mods complete.  My bank account is low, so I have to hold back on some things...suspension is one.

I have run 6 different PCS steering configurations and if you have any questions about different setups feel free to contact me. I will say that even the most expensive out of box PCS kits will leave you wanting more. I can say that my current setup is just as at home on the freeway as it is at KOH.

Ok, when I get to that point, I'll reach out to you.  I know Tripp is not pleased with PSC.  I was considering the West Texas Offroad setup, as it is budget priced.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »
Run a howe set up a d to save money, run the psc ram. Hydro steering should run like a compressed system.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM