BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Anybody paddle around here?  (Read 197 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Anybody paddle around here?
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
Me and a few buddies have an annual trip we make down the Toccoa river canoe trail every year around the first of spring and this year my wedding comes shortly there after the few weekends the water is high enough to make it before the water is so low we drag rocks most of the time instead of fish. It is a 2 night pack-it-in kinda float thats always a little cold and challenging, the guys are talking about throwing a good one and making it kindof a batchelor party thing, my lil woman will be with me, bc shes a badass like that lol.. We will have to get ready and just wait on the weather to break and the sun to come out for a weekend and then go, so the dates are never for sure, but if any of you are up for it and like to trout fish and ride some good river its always a good time, just throwing it out there in case any of this crowd would like to join us  //cheers2//
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
Re: Anybody paddle around here?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:59:40 AM »
Sounds like a good time...but too cold for me!  Where on the Toccoa do you guys put in?
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »
we put in at Deep Hole campground, camp the first night around the swinging bridge, then camp the second night at Sandy Bottoms. Its about 14 miles total
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline JeepSh

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »
I have done that same trip multiple times. Dragging rocks makes me swear I'll never do it again, then a year later, I'm there, again. Not far from there is mulkey creek, one of my favorite car camping sites in North Georgia.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM