BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Hub Assembly Replacment Question  (Read 311 times)

Offline BEN95YJ

• Visitor
Hub Assembly Replacment Question
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »
I need some help please. Do you have to replace both hub and bearing assemblys at the same time on a front wheel drive car. So heres the deal. My girlfriend has a 03 Galant. A few weeks ago I went to rotate her tires. And in the process was able to twist off lug nut at the hub. My guess is that they were put on to tight at the shop we had her brakes done at. So with money being tight we figured we would let go for a bit. So yesterday I was checking to make sure the lugs were tight and damit another one snapped off. So being that the huds are not bad do you have to replace them both? I was checking prices and the sites say that 2 are required. What do you guys think? Sorry for the stupid question but I want to have my guns loaded when I take it in. Thanks, Ben.
95 YJ, 3" BDS Suspension Lift, Rancho RS5000 Shocks,33" Pro Comp Mud Terrians, 15" Black, Magnaflow Exhaust, Mile Marker Winch, Sway and Track Bars Removed, No Carpet, Ripped Driver Seat, Rugged Ridge Grips, Tow Hooks Front and Back, Lock Box In Rear, Mystery Black Nerf Bars, Royal Purple Fluids, K&N Filter.

Chris Hyde

Re: Hub Assembly Replacment Question
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »
Can you not just replace the broken studs?

ranger11

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
Just knock out the old studs and slap some new ones in.

But to answer your question no you do not have to replace both.

Offline BEN95YJ

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I did some more investigating and the studs are replaceable on her model. $1.75  per stud compared to $130.00 per hub is a big differance. I was starting to freak out a bit. It will all be done by the afternoon. So thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:09:08 PM by BEN95YJ »
95 YJ, 3" BDS Suspension Lift, Rancho RS5000 Shocks,33" Pro Comp Mud Terrians, 15" Black, Magnaflow Exhaust, Mile Marker Winch, Sway and Track Bars Removed, No Carpet, Ripped Driver Seat, Rugged Ridge Grips, Tow Hooks Front and Back, Lock Box In Rear, Mystery Black Nerf Bars, Royal Purple Fluids, K&N Filter.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM