BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Keen hiking boots  (Read 985 times)

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
Re: Keen hiking boots
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2019, 10:22:00 AM »
Give redwing boots a look while you are researching. I’ve got a pair I’ve worn almost every day for the last 2.5 years on concrete and I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many websites a day do you visit while wearing them?
Why is a male nurse even in the conversation about work boots? Aren’t these what you wear on the floor?

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:26:48 AM by BigPrince »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2019, 10:43:21 AM »
Great feedback...thanks, guys, and Pat.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2019, 10:56:18 AM »

Real talk - do you have any concern over the one piece leather boots being too hot?

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2019, 10:56:55 AM »
Give redwing boots a look while you are researching. I’ve got a pair I’ve worn almost every day for the last 2.5 years on concrete and I love them.

How many websites a day do you visit while wearing them?
Why is a male nurse even in the conversation about work boots? Aren’t these what you wear on the floor?

Close, but no laces. Loafers only

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »

Real talk - do you have any concern over the one piece leather boots being too hot?
Yeah, I do.  Shane mentioned that in an out of band communicating earlier today.  I may just go try on everything, buy the one that's most comfortable, and replace it in a few years if needed.  I won't but bass pro Redhead again, though...They really sucked.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »
Well, after nearly 4 years of wear, the Keen's are ready to be replaced; they are tearing at the seam where the uppers meet the lowers, right at the sides of the baby toe.  I have been generally happy with them, but I was talking to Wes and he said his 10 year old Merrill's are just now needing to be replaced!    I am sure my weight makes it harder on my boots, but Wes said his full, single piece leathers likely makes them last longer.  So I am looking for full leather uppers. 

While looking online I came across "Rocky" branded boots that are fairly expensive, especially for a brand I've never heard of.  They sell them at Dick's, Amazon, and many others, so I'll go try them on soon, BUT:

Have any of you owned Rocky boots before?  If so, would you buy them again?  Is there anything special about them?

Here's one of their styles:

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't have any Rocky boots but they are pretty popular around here with Police department, Sheriff's department and both the city and county public works department. They give their folks a voucher to go purchase boots and the majority of them end up with Rocky.   
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 11:21:35 AM »
While looking at the RedWing boots...a unique tightening system popped to me: 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »
http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/609-red-wing-shoes/609-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-brown

These are what i wear. They are the widest boot redwing offers so there is plenty of toe room.

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2019, 11:37:56 AM »
/>

I have those on my cycle shoes.  Not a big fan really.  Just waiting for them to pop open and not be fixable without ordering parts.

When I bought  my last pair of boots breathability yet water resistant was important to me.

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »
I wear Rocky boots every day. I wear the 10" Service boot for work. Not the most hiker friendly but very durable. I get about two years of service out of a pair before I have to replace. I can't speak for every rocky boot but the ones I wear are comfortable and very durable.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »
/>

I have the BOA system on my Korkers Wading boots. Super convenient and can take some real abuse. Given that they are under water 4-6 hours at a pop and are smashed into by river rocks.
My Keen boots are the Voyager for Summer and the Targhee III for Fall and Winter.  With my flat wide feet the Keen's have a bigger toe box.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM