BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: I HATE JEEPFORUM!  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
I HATE JEEPFORUM!
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
I give up on trying to help people out on that site! I know it's a terrible site anyway but I have been trying to explain to these idiots that running a 4" lift with 35's is gonna tear up your front fenders. Guy posted up hey for those of you who thought you can't put 35's on a Jeep here is the proof. Yeah, you can do it but you ain't gonna wheel it! I posted up saying you will have issues with full flex and turning but if you are a mall krawler than ok. So the guy comes back and talks about bumpstops helping. I for one do not get the point in limiting the flex with bump stops! So then you get this moron on there who comes on with I don't know why people associate low lifts and big tires with mall krawling. HELLO! How many of these guys have flexed out on rocks or anything much less a freakin curb!!?? Then he says maybe I am bitter because I spent so much on my lift. WWWWHHHHAAAATTTTT? Freakin morons over there. I wanna see some guy with a 4" lift running 35's actually wheel a Jeep and try turning the wheel while flexed out. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I know I had to trim my fenders flat to clear my true 33's at full flex and full turning radious. I know every tire is different too. Most are not true heights. I have had 33's that were 32.5" tall so I understand that part. Bunch of freakin morons!! Here is the post as I am done commenting on this!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546835
I've grown tired of this.

Chris Hyde

Re: I HATE JEEPFORUM!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:12:32 PM »
I ran 35's on my 4" lifted TJ.  ???

But I am with you on hating JF.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »
Yeah, I know you had it on your TJ. Did you also have a BL? I know if you flex out it will rub, no big deal. What I was trying to get across to these guys is that if you wheel it flex it and try to turn your wheel at full flex it will cause problems. My lift is more than 3.5", probably a 4" plus my 1"BL and if I had not trimmed my fenders i would have never been able to turn the wheel more than one full turn while flexed. I cut into my tires the first time I tried flexin out. Now it will work for going straight and flexing, but not turned while under a full discoed flex. Just don't get the bumpstop thing either. Why limit the flex? Just go down a tire size! Size is not always better! :D

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:22:54 PM »
I did have a 1" body lift.  I never had any problems rubbing bad enough to mess anything up.  Just the sound of the tire rubbing the soft plastic fender flare.  It had to be flexed to the max to do it, but truthfully, you will rarely find yourself turned full lock at full flex.  I know it sounds fishy, but it is rare.  Heck, I know guys running 35's on 3" lifts and wheeling successfully.   ;D

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
Alex does. Adams jeep worked great, 35" and 3.5" springs. Bumpstops do help. It just limits the up travel not the flex. Once you hit the bumpstop with the one side the other side of the axles can still fall to full droop. If you have to much bumpstop you limit the up travel on the suspension and on bumpy roads you may feel it alittle more when the suspension bottoms out. I hate JF as well.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 02:32:25 PM by Matt »
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »
I just bring to the table my expierience with my situation. I must have some serious flex then! I would have torn my fender off if I had not trimmed. When I was running my 2"BB and 33's I bent that lip under the fender with the plastic trim up about 2 inches after full flex. So I guess I have a real good flexin Jeep. Need to get it scored someday. But I give on offering advice to the JF. Yes, rarely do you full flex and full turn... but I like to know if it were to happen I will clear without any problems. I just like to make sure I get the max flex and still am able to run without problems. That is another reason why I have not and probably will not move up to 35's. That and axles, gears etc.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 02:34:17 PM »
Sounds like you don't have enough bump stop.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »
x2^

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 02:39:55 PM »
I am good now. No rubbing at all. Happy with my 33's too. Other than the warranty sucks. >:( I guess I figure I bought the lift as is to run 33's so no need to adjust bump stops etc. I like my setup. Now I could probably run a 35 with little to no problems but I do not choose to alter the setup I have. If it works for me that's all that matters. And that goes for everyone elses setups too. Love to go to a 35" but not on a dana 35 and 30. Maybe one day. I just choose not to rub! :D

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 02:42:51 PM »
I have 3 inches and 35s ;D 

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
Any issues? I just can't see it working, but everybody is different.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »
I am good now. No rubbing at all. Happy with my 33's too. Other than the warranty sucks. >:( I guess I figure I bought the lift as is to run 33's so no need to adjust bump stops etc. I like my setup. Now I could probably run a 35 with little to no problems but I do not choose to alter the setup I have. If it works for me that's all that matters. And that goes for everyone elses setups too. Love to go to a 35" but not on a dana 35 and 30. Maybe one day. I just choose not to rub! :D

If its not broke dont fix it.  ;D

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM