BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: DIY Home Projects  (Read 4954 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: DIY Home Projects
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »
my chipper just got delivered yesterday, in time for the cold weather and no desire to put it together and use it now.  Not sure if that is a project or not, clean up project.
Which chipper did you go with? 

Mine has been a beast, but changing the blade is a PITA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I bought way more than needed, well that isn't true, could use more.  But a HD 45% off sale made me do it.

heck, its still on sale.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Brush-Master-5-25-x-3-75-in-445cc-Gas-Powered-Self-Feed-Chipper-Shredder-with-Unique-Innovation-3-in-1-Discharge-Gloves-Goggles-CH10M20/311938217

hoping I can use it for a couple years and not loose too much value.  Or just start renting it out soon.
Very nice!  I have a Brush Master, and paid about the same as the discounted price a few years ago, but it can't handle limbs that big.  The engine has been tops, and besides the blades needing to be changed/sharpened frequently, it hasn't needed any special attention.  I've been using it a lot this year.

Good job on getting a good deal on a big machine.  My next one will be an Asplundh-like model :) 

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2020, 09:39:11 AM »
Good thing about multiple acres is dragging limbs
off to fill in gully's and such. No need for a chipper.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2020, 09:42:09 AM »
Good thing about multiple acres is dragging limbs
off to fill in gully's and such. No need for a chipper.
Amen...I want that life so much!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2020, 10:45:14 AM »
as long at it can do smaller sub 2-3" inch limbs, that will be great.  its really just trying to keep the acre or so cleaned up and not rent a larger chipper for couple days at close to what I paid for this chipper.
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2020, 10:54:19 AM »
as long at it can do smaller sub 2-3" inch limbs, that will be great.  its really just trying to keep the acre or so cleaned up and not rent a larger chipper for couple days at close to what I paid for this chipper.
Yeah, mine is for 3" round, and it'll do every bit of 3".  Bigger than 2.5" I usually set aside for camping firewood.  Since yours can do 5x3" you will have no problem, and thta size will save you from having to buck the limbs as much as I have to...such a PITA.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »
Yeah, mine is for 3" round, and it'll do every bit of 3".  Bigger than 2.5" I usually set aside for camping firewood.  Since yours can do 5x3" you will have no problem, and thta size will save you from having to buck the limbs as much as I have to...such a PITA.

hoping it will do the little bit larger sizes as well.  I do need to put it together, it came in a big box.  hoping to get it put together some time in the next few days.  I have a big pile of stuff just waiting on my patio ready to be put through the machine.  that and a hillside to start tackling. 

Not as much fun as getting the garage together so I can get the LJ up and running.
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2020, 07:57:26 AM »
I get my money's worth out of living in the city limits and paying city taxes. No wood chipper for me, dump it in the ditch and I am done. City pick's up twice a week.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2020, 09:03:35 AM »
I get my money's worth out of living in the city limits and paying city taxes. No wood chipper for me, dump it in the ditch and I am done. City pick's up twice a week.

I can do that as well, they just need to be a certain size.  I really just wanted a chipper/shredder to reduct the number of bags needed for the smaller stuff.  The larger chipper was just a price performer.
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
My city would never accept those.  Have to be less than 2" diameter and 4' length...and debris has to be bagged...ugh, it's like they don't want to do the work :)
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »
My city would never accept those.  Have to be less than 2" diameter and 4' length...and debris has to be bagged...ugh, it's like they don't want to do the work :)
A gov't worker not wanting to do their job? NO WAY!

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2020, 10:19:42 PM »
More progress on the 12 x 40ft lean-to for my trailer parking.

Hand to tear out the soffit and facia boards bc I am laying the lean to rafters on the top plate of the shop wall and tie them  into the roof trusses right at the top plate as well.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:23:36 PM by Scott F. »

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2020, 08:01:42 AM »
chipper works great, basically just mulching the flower beds with the debris.  Bagging the material would be an extra step.  The exhaust/mulch just blows the bag away.  I do need a bigger gas can, it does suck up the fuel.  Now to get through the 25x25 debris pile and start a new one.  that and 500 other projects
Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM