BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Two accidents same day  (Read 172 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Two accidents same day
« on: October 28, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
As I was turning off GA400 at exit 13 onto Bethelview our Kia was rear-ended by a Lexus SUV.  Cracked rear bumper cover was our result; Lexus unhurt.  Other driver was older (my age) lady from NC who agreed to pay for my damage rather than claim on her insurance.  Went to a local body shop and got the firm estimate, and lady wrote me a check.  I'm thinking I can get it fixed cheaper elsewhere via friend's contacts, so we'll see soon.  Were it just me I'd leave it as is, but wife wants it repaired.

Other accident was the son of a wheeler friend of mine driving his nicely built TJ.  Seems he was out with 3 friends at 2:30am on a school night (he goes to So. Poly) on highway 52 on a wet night.  Came around a corner, probably too fast, to see a deer in the road.  End result was rolling over the guardrail, hitting a tree, and rolling back against the rail.  Jeep has $10k+ of damage, but his dad is going to pay for the repairs at Tim's shop rather than claim insurance.  Worst part was that the couple in the back were not belted in and are probably lucky to be alive.  One had a nasty cut in his side and had to go to the hospital for repairs.  The stock cage on the driver's side front was pretty smashed, but almost certainly saved the kid's life.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Two accidents same day
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:48:25 PM »
Damn, I thought you meant you were in two accidents...would have been epic.  I think Brant pulled that one off a while back.

Glad no one was hurt in your wreck...gotta watch out for Lexus drivers...they bad drivers! 

The jeep wreck...that sucks.  Why not claim insurance? 

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
I suspect the impact on insurance would be pretty high.  Kid has already had two other incidents (one not his fault) plus a super-speeder ticket that cost big $ lawyer fee to get argued down.  He'll be on his mother's policy, if at all, going forward.  Dad has a nice LJ buggy recently built, a U4 buggy under construction and nearly finished, plus a number of other automotive products.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 06:24:10 PM »
So money isn't a problem
Bobby

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE