BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Buckhead  (Read 1147 times)

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
Re: Buckhead
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »
Damn I'm getting hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
2013 JKU

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »

I used to live on W Paces by 285, and worked across from the Chipotle in buckhead. 3.5 mile drive, averaged 35 minute commute. I could literally (at the time, lol) run to work faster than driving. Unless w paces was widened, good luck. Mall traffic is pretty bad, but I don't recall 5pm being really that bad around the holidays. Seems everyone knew that and avoided going to or leaving the mall near that time

My solution for getting to work faster and avoiding the traffic headache was to move to Augusta :)

Yeah can take me 20-45min to get through that stretch of W Paces on a bad day.  I used to live behind the Intercontinental near Peachtree/Piedmont and the mall traffic for Christmas can get awful.  I'm not planning to stay later than 4 for the rest of the year.  The later the worse it gets.  I waited 35min one time just to try to get out of my neighborhood at Piedmont and couldn't.  I moved out of Buckhead to Smyrna.  Should have gone to Augusta :)

I left buckhead for Smyrna when I got married. Wish I could have kept our townhouse in smyrna when we moved though because the new stadium is 100ft away. (Towns of Crescent Park). We sold and closed 2 weeks before they announced they stadium plans and potentially missed out on a huge payday

I did a little bit of research on this as well.  Potentially was the key word. It could go either way.  There are quite a few factors.

I'm not leaving after 4 either. Yesterday I left after the window and took 1:40 to get to Roswell - F that.
Jay

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 10:55:22 AM »
Lots of places to try...depending on who's paying!  Have you ever taken Marta in?  Some others here that live in Smyrna were looking at getting on at the Hamilton Holmes line and riding in.  At least through the holidays to see how it goes.

The Hamilton Homes marta station is rough.  When I lived in Smyrna is use to go there to run in to the airport or Braves games when I had season tickets.  It's not a great place to hang

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 11:21:55 AM »
Agree, leaving after 4 from buckhead and going in any direction is just asking for road-rage.    i leave at 3-3:30 every day, except Wed.  i work from home.  like today.   

maybe we could hook up for lunch. some place.   i have been to pig-n-chick several times with a few co-workers.   .. what ever works im game.
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »
Lots of places to try...depending on who's paying!  Have you ever taken Marta in?  Some others here that live in Smyrna were looking at getting on at the Hamilton Holmes line and riding in.  At least through the holidays to see how it goes.

The Hamilton Homes marta station is rough.  When I lived in Smyrna is use to go there to run in to the airport or Braves games when I had season tickets.  It's not a great place to hang
Thanks for the tip.  I was curious about that especially when it's dark.  And when it's warmer it won't work when rocking with the top down.

maybe we could hook up for lunch. some place.   i have been to pig-n-chick several times with a few co-workers.   .. what ever works im game.
sounds like a plan
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »
I live in Buckhead about 5 mins away from the Lindbergh Marta station and behind peachtree battle shopping center. Jalisco's is a family favorite mexican restaraunt in there. Also dont forget about Houston's on Peachtree and El azteca as another mexican restaraunt. Also in Peachtree battle shopping center is an ace hardware and 5 minutes from there on piedmont is a Home Depot. I visit those places frequently. Ill be home around the time you are moving in if you need any help moving!
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
I'm down for Tuesday. I've got to meet up with Kent for give him fender liners.
Jay

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
Tue of nxt week, that would be a good time, if everyone else is game?
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »
I'm not too far up 141 so I might be down depending what my day ends up looking like.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 10:39:01 AM »
Usually I am good for a buckhead lunch but next Tuesday I am out of town.  Next time

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 10:54:49 AM »
I'm bookended for lunch on Tuesday.  Maybe next time.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »
I think I'm good Wednesday and Thursday too. Those work for others?
Jay

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM