BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Buckhead  (Read 1146 times)

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
Buckhead
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »
Anyone work, live or play in the Buckhead area?  Our company is moving our office there by Lenox Mall and I was curious if anyone was down in that area and knew of any good places to eat, get beer and avoid traffic.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Buckhead
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:57:23 PM »
I haven't been down there in about 6 months, but the last time I went partying in Buckhead we went to Whiskey Blue (at the W Atlanta).  Awesome location, especially in the dry months...high as hell prices...bring a vendor to pay for stuff.

I also enjoyed the hell out of Holeman and Finch, but that is a bit south of Buckhead.  Good beers, but I think selection was limited.

Fogo de Chao has a nice bar, and awesome food, but not much of a beer selection.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »
I work in the Atlanta a Financial building.  @Raisinhead works at Twelve Oak.  We're all around Lenox.  Hope you're moving after Christmas - it's a pita. 
We are moving into Resurgens Plaza.  And I wish it was after XMas.  Instead, we'll be there on 12/14.  you'll have to let me know how you get down there from Smyrna.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 05:29:49 AM »
I work over by lenox mall, tons of good places to eat.   I am also in Resurgens Plaza parking deck.   I park up on 9th floor.   just look for my rig.   
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »
I'm still learning the spots. Our office just moved to the area in Oct.

We are next door to Bucket Shop and have been there for a few happy hours. Decent beer selection. We usually go to the mall for lunch just for convenience.  St. Cecilia is good,

There is a Twin Peaks and Tavern at Phipps near by if you are looking for good service.
Jay

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 08:29:49 AM »
several good susi places as well as generally we visit several local places that are more of out of habbit.   alot of times i eat at the deli we have 2 one in our building and one in the ajoining bld across the causway.   we have a workout center on the 12th floor, i generally workout 30 min prior.  around 5am.  it has showers and towels.  so its nice.

the mall has lots of options, and on nice days its good to get out for some fresh air.

we all need to hook up for lunch one day.  would be fun.    our dept. has done some after work events at the bucket shop, and at twin peaks and the tavern at phipps.  service is nice but the veiw can be much better.  :)
Kent Casey

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 08:33:15 AM »
I haven't been down there in about 6 months, but the last time I went partying in Buckhead we went to Whiskey Blue (at the W Atlanta).  Awesome location, especially in the dry months...high as hell prices...bring a vendor to pay for stuff.

I also enjoyed the hell out of Holeman and Finch, but that is a bit south of Buckhead.  Good beers, but I think selection was limited.

Fogo de Chao has a nice bar, and awesome food, but not much of a beer selection.
How much is the Holeman and Finch burger at the restaurant?  I've only had it at the Braves stadium but it was $12.

I work over by lenox mall, tons of good places to eat.   I am also in Resurgens Plaza parking deck.   I park up on 9th floor.   just look for my rig.   
Sounds good!  I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm still learning the spots. Our office just moved to the area in Oct.

We are next door to Bucket Shop and have been there for a few happy hours. Decent beer selection. We usually go to the mall for lunch just for convenience.  St. Cecilia is good,

There is a Twin Peaks and Tavern at Phipps near by if you are looking for good service.
Nice.  I did go to the Bucket Shop after a meeting.  Was a pretty good spot.
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 08:54:19 AM »
From Smyrna it's a frustrating commute depending on what time you go.  Took me 1.30 to get home last night.

There are some backroad routes but main routes are get to 285E->400->Lenox.  285E sucks though.
or 285E->75S->W Paces Ferry->Peachtree  but W Paces can suck.  When you get off 75 onto W Paces you can jump on Northside to Moores Mill and then back on W Paces to cut off some of the school traffic.
Sometimes 75S->85N->400N is faster though I rarely do that.
You can also do like 285E-> Powers Ferry or Northside and wind your way down through Buckhead but that really never seemed to go fast enough to make it worth it.

Most days I deal with W Paces in some form but haven't really figured out the best way.

Bucket Shop is an old favorite of mine for just a good happy hour bar.  Tavern is a favorite for the warm weather. I end up at F20 across the street from my office a lot.  There's a lot to see at Whole Foods for lunch too.

Piedmont has got a lot of good food on it - Fogo, Bones, Buckhead Diner, Kyma, Flying Biscuit, Farm Burger, Ru Sans, Twin Peaks, Chipolte, Jasons Deli, and go up a bit and you've got Landmark, Flip, Tin Lizzys (great trivia night)

Peachtree/Rosswell has a bunch toward King and Duke, Chops, RA, Whole Foods, One Star Ranch, Smokebelly, Genki, Hangovers, Lost Dog, Buckhead Saloon, Big Ketch which I think someone mentioned in another post.  There's also Fado Shake Shack, Elbow Room, Atlanta Fish Market over in the new section.

Peachtree by the mall,  Dantana's, The Palm, mall food court, Shula's, St Cecilia as mentioned, up Peachtree you've got Tomo and F&B and if you keep going up toward Brookhaven you've got Hudson Grille, Noche, etc.
Lots of places to try...depending on who's paying!  Have you ever taken Marta in?  Some others here that live in Smyrna were looking at getting on at the Hamilton Holmes line and riding in.  At least through the holidays to see how it goes.
Dan
2013 JKU

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »
 I used to live on W Paces by 285, and worked across from the Chipotle in buckhead. 3.5 mile drive, averaged 35 minute commute. I could literally (at the time, lol) run to work faster than driving. Unless w paces was widened, good luck. Mall traffic is pretty bad, but I don't recall 5pm being really that bad around the holidays. Seems everyone knew that and avoided going to or leaving the mall near that time

My solution for getting to work faster and avoiding the traffic headache was to move to Augusta :)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 09:28:46 AM »
marta comes into Resurgens Plaza , easy peasy.   and we have a deli in our bld also,..  not great but basic.   our company pays for parking or gives our employees a marta pass.  we have several that ride in from all directions.

I live in snellville, and come in via 78.... NorthDruid Hills...   5:30am leave around 3pm. to catch the 1st wave.  i also have a peach pass but rarely take 85 ..   if you like Ti food, Top Spice is a good place for Ti food.  and there is a really good Indian buffet that we all go to alot thats close, cant remember the name off the top of my head. . .

Kent Casey

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
marta comes into Resurgens Plaza , easy peasy.   and we have a deli in our bld also,..  not great but basic.   our company pays for parking or gives our employees a marta pass.  we have several that ride in from all directions.

I live in snellville, and come in via 78.... NorthDruid Hills...   5:30am leave around 3pm. to catch the 1st wave.  i also have a peach pass but rarely take 85 ..   if you like Ti food, Top Spice is a good place for Ti food.  and there is a really good Indian buffet that we all go to alot thats close, cant remember the name off the top of my head. . .

You need to remember that name! :) Top Spice is good, completely forgot about it!

Found it.  Cafe Bombay  2615 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329   
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cafe+Bombay/@33.8287126,-84.3273082,3a,75y,142.92h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scG8tNX6zOeutgGk179bY6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x28a2185f40179134!6m1!1e1
Kent Casey

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 09:57:08 AM »
I used to live on W Paces by 285, and worked across from the Chipotle in buckhead. 3.5 mile drive, averaged 35 minute commute. I could literally (at the time, lol) run to work faster than driving. Unless w paces was widened, good luck. Mall traffic is pretty bad, but I don't recall 5pm being really that bad around the holidays. Seems everyone knew that and avoided going to or leaving the mall near that time

My solution for getting to work faster and avoiding the traffic headache was to move to Augusta :)

Yeah can take me 20-45min to get through that stretch of W Paces on a bad day.  I used to live behind the Intercontinental near Peachtree/Piedmont and the mall traffic for Christmas can get awful.  I'm not planning to stay later than 4 for the rest of the year.  The later the worse it gets.  I waited 35min one time just to try to get out of my neighborhood at Piedmont and couldn't.  I moved out of Buckhead to Smyrna.  Should have gone to Augusta :)

I left buckhead for Smyrna when I got married. Wish I could have kept our townhouse in smyrna when we moved though because the new stadium is 100ft away. (Towns of Crescent Park). We sold and closed 2 weeks before they announced they stadium plans and potentially missed out on a huge payday

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM