BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal Carry  (Read 42214 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Conceal Carry
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2015, 09:45:38 AM »
Glocks 42 verse Glock 43

Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »
There has been a lot of research and write ups about 9's and 40's. Most law agency's have or are in the process going back to 9mm. It's a very true flying projectile with good penetration.
Bobby

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
There has been a lot of research and write ups about 9's and 40's. Most law agency's have or are in the process going back to 9mm. It's a very true flying projectile with good penetration.

I stick to 2 rounds - 9mm and .45.  Well, and .22  :)

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »
I thought the 42's didn't have the textured grips? Are those factory or did you change them?
Will

94 seXj

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »

I thought the 42's didn't have the textured grips? Are those factory or did you change them?
Factory
Bobby

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »
I don't mind 9mm platforms but I want pure stopping power and instant at that. If you think of most encounters you are not worried about accuracy of more than 15ft or so. The only downside to a .45 is capacity. My 1911 is 7+1 and my XDS is 5+1. I am rethinking alot lately just due to the recent attacks and the worlds gone insane with shootings. I don't need different ammo to keep track of and like it to be the same for all my platforms but being able to carry 19+1 in a handgun is a very nice option that I can't overlook. Bobby, what was the cost on that piece? Mid 5's I am guessing.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »

Yep.  I did a couple classes with Larry Vickers and he used to talk about bigger is ok but accuracy is final.  Most people shoot better with a 9 due to the lower recoil and that's what is important.  Think the original quote is from Wyatt Earp - "Speed is fine but accuracy is final". 

I like having the option of the calibers as well, like what you are saying with the scare of a shortage. When i first starting into guns when old enough, i thought i needed one of everything and still have most of it today. 1911 in .45, s&w mp in .40, and a few 9mms, lotsa .22 and .223, 12ga, even 7.62x39 ak stuff, just to have everything covered "in case" ... now its all just adding glass, sights, triggers, spare mags, rigs for each, like nutnfancy says, being "tactically squared away". Now that the business is going well I can get a little more specific, like the special loads, and I love the 10mm stuff as well. Ive got a Glock 20 with a TLR1 that i carry some in the winter and everytime im camping or hiking, bear gun, hog, sasquatch, whatever really, the G20 is 15rnds of nothing is gonna live through that.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »

Yep.  I did a couple classes with Larry Vickers and he used to talk about bigger is ok but accuracy is final.  Most people shoot better with a 9 due to the lower recoil and that's what is important.  Think the original quote is from Wyatt Earp - "Speed is fine but accuracy is final". 

I like having the option of the calibers as well, like what you are saying with the scare of a shortage. When i first starting into guns when old enough, i thought i needed one of everything and still have most of it today. 1911 in .45, s&w mp in .40, and a few 9mms, lotsa .22 and .223, 12ga, even 7.62x39 ak stuff, just to have everything covered "in case" ... now its all just adding glass, sights, triggers, spare mags, rigs for each, like nutnfancy says, being "tactically squared away". Now that the business is going well I can get a little more specific, like the special loads, and I love the 10mm stuff as well. Ive got a Glock 20 with a TLR1 that i carry some in the winter and everytime im camping or hiking, bear gun, hog, sasquatch, whatever really, the G20 is 15rnds of nothing is gonna live through that.

Yep I agree.  Got all those and a couple more.  I stay away from non popular loads like 357sig unless it's just cool to have (460 Rowland) which is more just frivolous fun, not a survival move. 

I like nutnfancy but have to Ffwd a lot as he gets soooo long winded.  I like MAC, hickock45 (can get long winded as well and not as tactical buttoned up / survival focused), mrgunsandgear, and some others.  Take them all with a grain of salt though.  I get annoyed by the lets shoot electronics or expensive things with big guns guys.  How much slowmo does it take to see a 50cal explode an iPad?

thats it, lol some of it is retarded. It is cool when they do the vids right and you can see what works and what doesnt, like when they run em in the cold, rain, snow, and they get em dirty just for science. Im def with you tho, you cant take any of it too serious, it is the internet.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »
I don't mind 9mm platforms but I want pure stopping power and instant at that. If you think of most encounters you are not worried about accuracy of more than 15ft or so. The only downside to a .45 is capacity. My 1911 is 7+1 and my XDS is 5+1. I am rethinking alot lately just due to the recent attacks and the worlds gone insane with shootings. I don't need different ammo to keep track of and like it to be the same for all my platforms but being able to carry 19+1 in a handgun is a very nice option that I can't overlook. Bobby, what was the cost on that piece? Mid 5's I am guessing.

Instant is a myth.  People don't die like in the movies.

Instant meant faster ;) Shot placement is key but I like bigger holes.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2015, 03:53:37 PM »

I did a bit of shopping around for mine, if you are talking about the Glock 43.  Going rate seems to be mid to high 400's.  Availability is pretty limited.  I bought mine at Academy Sports this week for $479.  Some of the Pawn shops have them listed at $459 but not sure on availability.  Of the shops I visited the one in Johns Creek was the only other place I saw one in stock and it was listed at $499. 
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »

Giggity!
Perry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2015, 04:55:20 PM »
If you join gssf, g43 price is like $385....

And GSSF matches are fun to shoot.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM