BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Conceal Carry  (Read 42016 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Conceal Carry
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »
Note to self.  When going out to lunch and conceal carrying, remember to leave it in the car before entering work when you get back.
did someone draw down on you?

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Jeepsrcool

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2016, 06:43:57 PM »
a friend of mine teaches gun safety and is up to date on all the CC rules and laws. you can CC just about anywhere. I would avoid trying to CC in any building that has a metal detector(stadiums, government buildings, etc). according to him, you can still CC into a building that has a no guns allowed sign posted. if they see that you are carrying (i.e. you get caught), then they have the legal right to ask you to leave and put gun in car. no harm, put gun in car and come back in. if you refuse, then they have the right to remove you from premises.  in my opinion, if you are CC well, no one will will ever know anyway. just avoid the buildings with metal detectors.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2016, 07:33:50 PM »

a friend of mine teaches gun safety and is up to date on all the CC rules and laws. you can CC just about anywhere. I would avoid trying to CC in any building that has a metal detector(stadiums, government buildings, etc). according to him, you can still CC into a building that has a no guns allowed sign posted. if they see that you are carrying (i.e. you get caught), then they have the legal right to ask you to leave and put gun in car. no harm, put gun in car and come back in. if you refuse, then they have the right to remove you from premises.  in my opinion, if you are CC well, no one will will ever know anyway. just avoid the buildings with metal detectors.

That's all good and I agree with you but if you carry at work as Big Mike accidentally did, and having a gun is not allowed, they won't ask you to leave...they'll fire you

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2016, 08:48:35 PM »

That's all good and I agree with you but if you carry at work as Big Mike accidentally did, and having a gun is not allowed, they won't ask you to leave...they'll fire you

Yup, unfortunately I work for a very large Liberal owned company.  Leaving in the car is even not OK per policy if on company property.  Tough choices.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:23 PM »
Look on georgia packing.org for the laws as they are written and an interpretation by a lawyer on the forum.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2016, 03:36:50 AM »
I'm like Mark and Tony......really don't matter
if they don't allow on company grounds.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2016, 05:23:28 AM »
In most cases, if you don't tell them they will never know. If I ever needed to defend myself or coworkers, I'd rather be fired & alive than employed & dead.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2016, 06:43:56 AM »
In most cases, if you don't tell them they will never know. If I ever needed to defend myself or coworkers, I'd rather be fired & alive than employed & dead.

The concern for me, if I were inclined to carry, would be getting fired and looking for a sweet gig like I have now.  I honestly don't know my company's policy on the matter...time to dig.

//off topic - start//
It's the same logic for why I don't do heroin marijuana...if I get caught, I lose my job, so it isn't worth it despite my great desire to be a drug addict (I'm looking forward to retirement).  I've worked at the same company for about 13 years and I've been tested for drugs 0 (zero) times...but I still don't gamble it.

Related topic to the drug thing...I was talking to some people who work for a large liberal media company with an operations center in Colorado about the marijuana laws and employer enforcement of anti-drug policies.  They said, if you don't drive a company vehicle it's a don't ask, don't tell environment.  Active testing does not occur for office workers (appears to be similar to where I work) .
//off topic - end//
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2016, 07:39:17 AM »
We lease our property amd I can't even carry in my car. Not sure that is legal.

Big Mike that is rational but if someone sees it you're gone.  Is it worth it with such a low chance of work place violence?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:41:28 AM by Doug »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2016, 07:49:01 AM »

Big Mike that is rational but if someone sees it you're gone.  Is it worth it with such a low chance of work place violence?

Need clarification here.  BigMike never said he carried inside his work place.  He just so, note to self, remember to lock it back in the Jeep before going into the building.  BigMike would never carry at work.  Why is BigMike talking in the 3rd person?

GA Law states that a business owner cannot tell an employee that they cannot keep a locked firearm in their car. 

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »

Need clarification here.  BigMike never said he carried inside his work place.  He just so, note to self, remember to lock it back in the Jeep before going into the building.  BigMike would never carry at work.  Why is BigMike talking in the 3rd person?

GA Law states that a business owner cannot tell an employee that they cannot keep a locked firearm in their car. 

I can confirm this, my companys policy is not in the office or company property, in our handbook the parking deck is considered company property because they pay for us to park in the parking deck, yet when i went to HR they said, state law prohibits them from forbidding us to keep it in our car, so its just in the building...   

I always wonder how many more incidents it will take like the one in CA until companys stop this, .. either hire armed guards (which still would not make me feel safe) to protect .. or if any lawsuits will happen because a company policy prohibits an person from CC and being safe.    wonder if at that xmas party if only one person CC   pretty sure its hard to reload if someone is shooting back..  its NOT like the movies..
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »
I thought so. Your car is considered a extention of your home. My employer has nothing in the handbook about weapons in you vehicle. But they have two "no gun" signs posted at the entrance & 2 walk thru metal detectors.
I agree with you Clarke, I may not agree with some rules or procedures but I like my paycheck. I don't abstain from drugs because of random testing. I'd rather invest that money in my Jeep or more ammo.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM