BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wife vs Jeep  (Read 1120 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Wife vs Jeep
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »
My wife Madeline has progressed, barely.  What I had my 09 Rubicon, at first she thought I ruined it with a lift and 33's on 15's.  After a month, she said it looked badass and called stock Jeeps, pussy Jeeps (yes, she said that). 

Then I bought the 14 Rubicon and installed the lift and 35's.  She still says the tires are too big - she's in for a surprise next year when I need tires and buy 37's.

I told her if I ever die, she has to keep my Jeep forever.  She told me no way.  I told her that is my dying wish and she had to do it.  She said okay but she was putting smaller tires on it.  I told her to go see Danny @PHANTOM and tell him what she wants and he'll take care of it.

She will NOT drive it to work.  Refuses to be seen in it by her coworkers.  I told her she'd get instant "cred" with all the men at work. 

She is only 5'2" and told me I needed steps on the side so she could get in.  I told her "see that grab handle, grab it with your right hand, put your left foot in, and hop up".  Never heard another work about side steps.

On a good note, she said she will keep my Harley forever.  She doesn't ride but she loves it.  I've had Harley's for a long time and never went long without a motorcycles since I was 19.  When I sold my Road King in 2012, she is the one that in 2014 told me I needed another one and to go buy one.  She says "it's part of who you are and you just need a Harley".  Good girl this one!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:18:12 PM by BigMike »

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 06:58:30 PM »
Yep, she's a jeeper, I mean a keeper!
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 07:31:33 PM »
My wife wants her own jeep because she's tired of sitting in the passenger seat. This year in MOAB she gets to drive for a day.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »

Was getting worried that might be NSFW based on what that bottom line said... "Let's me buy Jeep parts" is about the most family friendly thing I can thing of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 09:57:07 PM »
Good topic!  My wife doesn't get it.  She has never been into spending money on modifying cars so it's not just the Jeep. 

She hates getting in it and mines not even that big.  I have found opening the door for her and helping her get in helps.  She doesn't like how straight up the backseats are because the kids heads tilt forward or backward when they fall asleep.  She likes riding with the top down but does not like being shakin around on the trails or being up high where there is no railing.  I buy the parts over a longer period of time (so she gets used to seeing a flow of stuff and harder to track the total spend) and she always tells me it looks stupid and I can't wait for you to grow out of this phase.  I tell her it's not a phase it's a lifestyle baby.  You've got yoga and lululemon and I've got my Jeep.  Looking forward to what she has to say about the PSC fenders Danny is about to put on...
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 10:23:22 PM »
Yee haw!!!

Dan
2013 JKU

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK