BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: I've been thinking...  (Read 885 times)

ranger11

Re: I've been thinking...
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
If you are staying with 31s why do an axle swap?

Also if the 31s have a lot of tread spend the money on the lift and keep your eye out for a rear end. Things are always cheaper when you dont have to have it right now.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 03:33:45 PM »
Those are some words of wisdom right there boys!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
If you are staying with 31s why do an axle swap?

Also if the 31s have a lot of tread spend the money on the lift and keep your eye out for a rear end. Things are always cheaper when you dont have to have it right now.

Because right now I have a D35 with drum brakes behind a V8. I already have a locker for a D44a which is a bolt in affair plus it has disk brakes.  I should be able to find it cheaply, but that hasn't happen yet. Plus, if I had to choose between a lift and a locker, I would choose a locker.

With a lot of the trails I have been on, traction has been a bigger issue then ground clearance.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

ranger11

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »
I agree with the locker being better than the lift. And forgot you have a v8. It seems you want the axle more so I would keep looking and keep saving for the D44a.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
Those are some words of wisdom right there boys!

x2 big time.  True about a lot of areas of life, but really hits home on a 4wd build.  We can all find what we want/need for a deal if we are willing to wait.  For some reason I can't wait.  Can you?

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 04:54:51 AM »
ok so if this dosent make since it is cause of the bottle of Jager I drank tonite... lockers of lift... i say depends on what you do most... if you rock climb then its a tss up but i say lockers, if you mud then lockers, well lift ... Chuck Norris says lift.... soi I say lift too... rock climbing you need lockers front and rear for mud its nice but crap i think i might have this assbackewaRDS HERE... WHAT EVER YOU DO THE MOST WILL BE THE FINAL FACTOR IN WHAT YOU DO as far as the lift or lockers... i just lost t my rain of thought.. good nite allll

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
ok so if this dosent make since it is cause of the bottle of Jager I drank tonite... lockers of lift... i say depends on what you do most... if you rock climb then its a tss up but i say lockers, if you mud then lockers, well lift ... Chuck Norris says lift.... soi I say lift too... rock climbing you need lockers front and rear for mud its nice but crap i think i might have this assbackewaRDS HERE... WHAT EVER YOU DO THE MOST WILL BE THE FINAL FACTOR IN WHAT YOU DO as far as the lift or lockers... i just lost t my rain of thought.. good nite allll

Jagar 1, urdaddyjeep 0. Haha.

RotorHead

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 12:52:57 PM »
Yeah, Jager won this one I think. Good thing about Jager is how wonderful it makes you feel the next day. Anybody care for a greasy pork chop served up in a dirty ashtray?  ;D

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »
Jager makes me feel good the next day.... other then the squarts.. but  {btt}  Lockers are used for both as everyone knows, but my questions what do you do the most?? And if you rock climb then I would say it would have to be the lift first reason why is you will need the clearance when rock climbing... but you all know that... just pick one and when you have the money and time pick the other one up

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
I'm doing the locker first. The only time reason I would sell the locker for a lift is to get it finished faster, but I realize that I don't have to do everything I want at one time.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM