OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Big Green Egg - no more debate

<< < (2/10) > >>

BigMike:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on February 16, 2016, 09:20:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: jc79 on February 16, 2016, 09:15:24 AM ---If you use it 3x a week you'll get your money's worth quickly.  And you won't have to replace it for a very long time. 

It takes 10-15 minutes to be ready to cook, but most of that is waiting for it to reach temp once you've lit the charcoal.  I say go for it if you're intrigued.  If you don't like it there's gonna be someone ready to buy it from you and you're not out much money.

--- End quote ---

And that is the reason to buy a BGE versus another product...just like with Jeep parts, good brands are always worth something later.

--- End quote ---

Truth!

The one thing I need to do is make sure the meat doesn't have a smokey taste of the wife will veto the purchase.  The guy at Roswell Hardware said to use some sugar maple charcoal. 

Raisinhead:

--- Quote from: BigMike on February 16, 2016, 09:33:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: clark123456 on February 16, 2016, 09:20:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: jc79 on February 16, 2016, 09:15:24 AM ---If you use it 3x a week you'll get your money's worth quickly.  And you won't have to replace it for a very long time. 

It takes 10-15 minutes to be ready to cook, but most of that is waiting for it to reach temp once you've lit the charcoal.  I say go for it if you're intrigued.  If you don't like it there's gonna be someone ready to buy it from you and you're not out much money.

--- End quote ---

And that is the reason to buy a BGE versus another product...just like with Jeep parts, good brands are always worth something later.

--- End quote ---

Truth!

The one thing I need to do is make sure the meat doesn't have a smokey taste of the wife will veto the purchase.  The guy at Roswell Hardware said to use some sugar maple charcoal.

--- End quote ---

My kids don't like smokey taste either. I've got them really enjoying some of the food I cook. The charcoal definitely makes a difference with that.

Even doing a simple chicken breast on the egg will surprise you. If you can't tell, I'm hooked.

Raisinhead:
Here you go, hours of reading on lump charcoal. Haha

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

Mortalis5509:
I bought one back in Oct and haven't touched my other grill since then. While spendy, 100% worth the cost.

Ceramic grill store (online) has a lot of options with making more room inside the egg with indirect and direct heat. They have set ups where you can use half the grill for direct and the other half indirect. They have set ups where you can drop the grate way down for hot cooking of steaks and such. I ordered a set up yesterday and will be here Wednesday.

BeerIAm:
I have a medium and wish I had gotten a large.  Only accessories I really use are the plate setter and pizza stone.  Love me some pizza off the egg!  I only use it about every other week though.

From someone that doesn't grill much, it was easy to learn to use the BGE and I really enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version