BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: AJC Auto Show  (Read 416 times)

BigJerm

AJC Auto Show
« on: April 27, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »
Anyone make it out? It was a decent. Some cars and concepts were awesome.... some completely stupid. Didnt see much in the way of better mpg. Jeep's setup was just sad. One concept, some Wranglers, a Liberty, Compass, and Partiot all in stock form. I figured they would have atleast decked out one Wrangler with all their Mopar stuff.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/JermTib05/AJC%20Car%20Show/

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
Re: AJC Auto Show
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
I've gone 2 twice in the past couple of years. Cool to see the exotics and Chevy usually has a good showing.

But I agree with you about Jeep, last time I went, they had one Rubicon, a few regular Wranglers, and then tons of Grands, Commanders, and Liberty's all 2WD.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
DADDY WANT... Just not to fill up on gas! :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:34:51 PM »
I've gone 2 twice in the past couple of years. Cool to see the exotics and Chevy usually has a good showing.

But I agree with you about Jeep, last time I went, they had one Rubicon, a few regular Wranglers, and then tons of Grands, Commanders, and Liberty's all 2WD.
Anyone make it out? It was a decent. Some cars and concepts were awesome.... some completely stupid. Didnt see much in the way of better mpg. Jeep's setup was just sad. One concept, some Wranglers, a Liberty, Compass, and Partiot all in stock form. I figured they would have atleast decked out one Wrangler with all their Mopar stuff.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/JermTib05/AJC%20Car%20Show/

Same old stuff that makes me sick..... The manufacturers all have to market to the masses, and they all have to look green for the tv and print stories. 

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »

Same old stuff that makes me sick..... The manufacturers all have to market to the masses, and they all have to look green for the tv and print stories. 

When I went, I actually asked the saleswomen about it. Bascially, more 2WD vehicles are sold in the South because we don't have to have 4WD so that is what they bring. But Jeep isn't any other company, they are Jeep, built on 4WD. You don't see 2WD Land Rovers because people don't have to have 4WD. You only see 4WD Land Rovers because that is what they are suppose to be, just like Jeep. Here is a good way for Jeep to raise mileage. Use electric or diesel engines but keep 4WD.

Sorry, rant off.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »
I had a similar discussion with a guy I work with about the Jeep brand. He and I both think Jeep should can there wussy street suv's and build what the brand is known for... offroad vehicles. Seems everybody wants to make pansy street cars. If Jeep went back to their roots then all would be right in the world! ;)

This is what needs to be coming out of the Jeep skunk works facility... but make it actually something you can buy! The J8 sarge is one bad machine!!!! But you can't get one :( :(

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:55:16 PM »
I hope that with the merger or lines of Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep, Jeep will be able to go back to its offroad roots. I'm thinking like the golden years of 1988 or so to 2000. It was the Wrangler, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee. All had solid axles and 4WD was almost standard unless 2WD was ordered.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM