BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico  (Read 20296 times)

Chris Hyde

Re: Tellico
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »
When I get up there on Saturday how will I get a hold of the group? I'll probably get up there in the morning. I also have no clue what to expect. I've never been to Tellico.

Hey there and welcome!  Does your vehicle meet the minimum requirements as stated here?  Also, is your vehicle 4WD? Let's get past this point and then we can see if Tellico will work for your rig.

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=1304.0

Hiddenfarce

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2008, 10:11:15 PM »
Yup, I have everything except for rain gear.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »
Yup, I have everything except for rain gear.

How much lift?

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
You guys better have my tent spot swept before I get there!!!!

We will be at Tellico Cabins saturday morning. Chris do we have a time we plan to head out yet?

My jeep got some new shines for the night ride. Cant wait.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Hiddenfarce

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2008, 10:36:55 PM »
No lift, just stock height for a ZR2. One day probably a 4 inch suspension.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »
You guys better have my tent spot swept before I get there!!!!

We will be at Tellico Cabins saturday morning. Chris do we have a time we plan to head out yet?

My jeep got some new shines for the night ride. Cant wait.

Matt, are you not coming up Friday night?  At any rate, we will probably head out around 9am on Saturday.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »
No lift, just stock height for a ZR2. One day probably a 4 inch suspension.

If you are a stock height ZR2 on 31's, I don't think I would even attempt to wheel Tellico.  We have guys with 3" & 4" lifts who hang up.  While we are welcoming to any and every vehicle, we frown upon having to constantly tug stock suspension vehicles around at Tellico.  It gets old, real quick.  I am sorry, but you would probably be miserable after a couple hours and getting back in the park could be a nightmare for you since it is a very aggressive park. Now, get that lift on there and I think you will have a better chance.  A little more tire wouldn't hurt either.  ;D

With this being said, I will leave it up to you as to whether or not you come ride, but we WILL put you on the rock garden at the Cabin to see what your vehicle can handle.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »
HiddenFarce, I'm going to and have gone to Tellico on just a small lift and 31"s. Now, while I never got hung up too bad, I scrap and my skids and sliders were used. A lot. So, I'm not trying to discourage you, just letting you know that unless you have a fare amount of armor, you will get some damage.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Hiddenfarce

« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
I thought there were lighter trails.

Hiddenfarce

« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2008, 01:05:29 AM »
Are trails #1 and #4 open? I know my rig isn't much but I'm in this for the outdoor experience, having a bit of fun with my daily driver, and hanging out with some other off roaders.

Offline GIJoe4500

• Visitor
    • San Antonio Offroad
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2008, 01:10:07 AM »
The issue isn't only if the easy easy trails are open are not.  You'd have to have someone to go with ya down the easy trails, just in case.  And from the looks of it, all the guys that are wanting to go, want to go down some more technical stuff.  Best thing to do, is put the money that you were gonna spend on this trip towards that lift you are wanting, and maybe some sliders and skid plates.
3" body lift, 6" ProComp suspension lift, toolbox, 36x15.50 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, 4x4 conversion in progress

Chris Hyde

« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:25 AM »
Are trails #1 and #4 open? I know my rig isn't much but I'm in this for the outdoor experience, having a bit of fun with my daily driver, and hanging out with some other off roaders.

Like I said, we'd love to have you hang out, but you would be hanging up left and right.  Trail 1 is the main gravel road and you will need lift for trail 4.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM