BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Ditching the off-roading hobby.......  (Read 2679 times)

tgrt

Re: Ditching the off-roading hobby.......
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »
Well as they say, put your money where your mouth is so I've joined the UFWDA.

I'm not sure what is the next step to help keep our lands available, but one thing is clear is that we really do need to organize.  I remember making a post on another board about the need to organize and really fight the enviro-weenies.  I was shocked and rather disillusioned that my response was met by the complacent attitude that we need to work with them.

tgrt

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »
On a related note, I don't hear too much about the Southern 4WD Association.  How does it compare?  Are they fighting the good fight?

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 04:30:30 PM »
I am hanging in there.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

NOS/86

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 04:51:24 PM »
I am hanging in there.

I'LL BE THERE WITH YA LARRY !   PLUS I GUESS I'LL BE DRAG RACING SOON TOO .   i've wheeled legal , and illegal , it's all the same .  all wheelin will be illegal .....just a matter of time !

BigJerm

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »
Well as they say, put your money where your mouth is so I've joined the UFWDA.

I'm not sure what is the next step to help keep our lands available, but one thing is clear is that we really do need to organize.  I remember making a post on another board about the need to organize and really fight the enviro-weenies.  I was shocked and rather disillusioned that my response was met by the complacent attitude that we need to work with them.

would that be JK-forum? I do remember you posting that but it seemed like no one really cared much.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »
Unfortunitely everyone is just complacent and it will take a closure of a Tellico type place to get any REAL attention and people giving $ and time for this cause. Just wait... it will happen.
I've grown tired of this.

tgrt

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 12:55:02 PM »
would that be JK-forum? I do remember you posting that but it seemed like no one really cared much.

Yup that's the place.  Damn left coast.  I don't know why I was as surprised as I was.

Daniel

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
If all this crap does go down, then it'll just save me a bigger gas bill.  I'll keep the Ranger.  I've got too much time and money invested into it to think about ditching it because I can't go to Tellico ('cause I go there all the time anyways  ::)) plus I don't get crappy mpg.  I don't get great mpg, but I don't get 10 or 11.  I'll just pay end up paying the Ranger off and get something for commuting and whatnot.  Plus, I've always got my drums to fall back on as a money pit.  If nothing else, I'll move to Colorado with the old lady and ride around out there.  I can check out Pike's Peak up close.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 07:19:16 PM »
I definitely feel the insurance thing. 80 in a 35 will do that  ;D 

Your 21st birthday will help insurance a lot. Counting down the days to 25 now......

45 days and counting....

I wont stop wheeling til my wife makes me. :'( 

Drag racing and fast cars are worse than offroading. Still cost money and everyone wants to stop you. Plus I would stil have to drive an hour to a legal place.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
I definitely feel the insurance thing. 80 in a 35 will do that  ;D 

Your 21st birthday will help insurance a lot. Counting down the days to 25 now......

45 days and counting....

I wont stop wheeling til my wife makes me. :'( 

Drag racing and fast cars are worse than offroading. Still cost money and everyone wants to stop you. Plus I would stil have to drive an hour to a legal place.

Yeah, thankfully my Jeep hasn't gotten me into any trouble on the street yet... "knock, knock"  ::)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jeff65SS

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »
Chris, why not just build another fox body. They can be be built for relatively little money, and you could just hang on to the Jeep. Then you would have the best of both worlds.
'06 Jeep Wrangler X

Chris Hyde

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 09:27:50 PM »
Because the whole point here is "Why own an off-road vehicle if I am 2.5 hours from the closest wheeling facility"??  I am 40 minutes from Brainerd Drag Strip.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM