BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread  (Read 213637 times)

Offline cudruln

• Visitor
Re: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread
« Reply #1812 on: December 12, 2013, 07:58:29 AM »
Still driven on the street

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

I'm surprised he didn't have a second set of tires for off-road to match the rest of the build.  Maybe he had plans and backed out OR maybe he had them and sold them separately.  Still seems strange to go that far and then walk away from it. 

I agree with this. Never know what people are thinking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Alex

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #1813 on: December 12, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »
He is only selling because he has re-evaluated what is important to him and his family, or his wife did it for him lol, but he is doing what is right for him.

I can tell you from personal experience that when you build a $50k plus rig and go out and scratch it up on the trail, there is a buyers remorse that comes on called REALITY that says WOW I've made a huge investment and don't want to beat it up, and what kind of rig could I have built for this cost that is made to handle bouncing off of inanimate objects?  //;D//

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #1814 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »

I can tell you from personal experience that when you build a $50k plus rig and go out and scratch it up on the trail, there is a buyers remorse that comes on called REALITY that says WOW I've made a huge investment and don't want to beat it up, and what kind of rig could I have built for this cost that is made to handle bouncing off of inanimate objects?  //;D//

yup   //peek//

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #1815 on: December 12, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »

From the age of 15 to 43 all I was about was classic cars and muscle cars...
money money money, cleaning waxing, wiping off finger prints from asshole's
who couldn't shut the door with the door handle.....LOL

The last ten years I've had my Jeep has been the most freakin fun ever.....
yea the first few years I tried to keep the scratches down but those finally
turned into a dent here, busted fender flare there......Life is wonderful living
like that and not worrying about how shiny, or how much the water beads up
on your baby     
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1816 on: December 12, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
I have always said "If I buy a brand new jeep, I will kick a dent in it before I get in it and drive it off the lot." //cheers2//

It will save me the heartache later on the trail. //:'(//

BTW this is the longest I have own a working jeep and not taken it off road to try it out. //:hlp//
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #1817 on: December 12, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
I have always said "If I buy a brand new jeep, I will kick a dent in it before I get in it and drive it off the lot." //cheers2//

BTW this is the longest I have own a working jeep and not taken it off road to try it out. //:hlp//

You gotta have a mall close by
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #1818 on: December 12, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »

You gotta have a mall close by

//LMAO// //LMAO// //LMAO// //LMAO//
Marty

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #1819 on: December 12, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
FOr me its like having a really nice guitar and then only hanging it on the wall in a glass box and never playing it.  If you play it at gigs, its going to get scratches, gunk, wear whatever am maybe even get real damage.  But thats what its made for.  YOu meet a beautiful girl, get married (as you may) , after awhile you keep it up, and bam she's pregnant.  Now your beautiful ladyfriend has a baby hanging on all the time and also she has to push that thing out her belly so theres some body damange and she doesn't dress up all the time anymore.  But hey ....

Life is still beautiful in some state of dissarray, thats the magic of life while we humans like perfection, lifes not perfect ever.  I like the Jeep thing because it ties in well to that, its made for it.  I think my wife is more beautiful to me now that she's older, and same with my guitars, and my JKU.  IF you love something you take care of it, not try to keep it perfect, thats obsession.

Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #1820 on: December 12, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »
FOr me its like having a really nice guitar and then only hanging it on the wall in a glass box and never playing it.  If you play it at gigs, its going to get scratches, gunk, wear whatever am maybe even get real damage.  But thats what its made for.  YOu meet a beautiful girl, get married (as you may) , after awhile you keep it up, and bam she's pregnant.  Now your beautiful ladyfriend has a baby hanging on all the time and also she has to push that thing out her belly so theres some body damange and she doesn't dress up all the time anymore.  But hey ....

Life is still beautiful in some state of dissarray, thats the magic of life while we humans like perfection, lifes not perfect ever.  I like the Jeep thing because it ties in well to that, its made for it.  I think my wife is more beautiful to me now that she's older, and same with my guitars, and my JKU.  IF you love something you take care of it, not try to keep it perfect, thats obsession.

Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #1821 on: December 12, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »
Now that is some funny shit.....I don't care who you are
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #1822 on: December 12, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
You can always buy another beautiful girlfriend...uh, I mean Jeep.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #1823 on: December 12, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »
No throat punches, hmmm.... 

Nice one Matt!
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ