BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread  (Read 214249 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread
« Reply #2868 on: December 13, 2016, 02:01:35 PM »
He wants Scott's son's jeep in trade.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2869 on: December 13, 2016, 02:04:16 PM »
One of the nicest LJ's you will EVER find for only $18,000 Go get it NOW @clark123456

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bar/5915347119.html

He says it is not for sale... trade only... and that stock its worth $18,000 plus tens of thousands in upgrades..
When folks don't have a price, they can't part with it for what the market will pay, so they are looking for the needle in the haystack, i.e. the guy with a lot of cash that wants it.

This.  Has Mike and/or Clark been hiding an old Willis from us?

I'd prefer if they kept hiding their willy's from us

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2870 on: December 13, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »
His reply:

If I were to sell it - it be for cash - paper money - no checks - no bank transfers - no paypal.  That being said, my asking price would be $23K obo for everything listed in the ad. I can bring that number down by not including the hard top or other items. So there is some flexibility there.

Since I'm from WI (applys to the Midwest in general), we don't have a lot of people into Jeeps - and few people that could financially afford a Jeep as a "Toy".  Hence my trade proposal. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2871 on: December 13, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
His reply:

If I were to sell it - it be for cash - paper money - no checks - no bank transfers - no paypal.  That being said, my asking price would be $23K obo for everything listed in the ad. I can bring that number down by not including the hard top or other items. So there is some flexibility there.

Since I'm from WI (applys to the Midwest in general), we don't have a lot of people into Jeeps - and few people that could financially afford a Jeep as a "Toy".  Hence my trade proposal. 
This dude is out of his f'n mind...
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2872 on: December 13, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »
His reply:

I must only know rich people in WI. I'd make sure to look at the underbody... hard winters.

I understand his position because he doesn't know me from Adam.  The price is a bit high but it is very clean, low miles, and has mods.  He states that the Jeep isn't driven in the winter and it's already put up in storage.  As you can tell, he's an overland guy so I doubt it's scared underneath. 

If I was going to buy it which I'm not, I'd work the deal, send him a certified check from my credit union and go pick the Jeep up when it clears the bank. 

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2873 on: December 13, 2016, 07:14:08 PM »
I reread the ad...I agree, not bad, but not for me right now.  When I first looked at it I thought it was a pretty standard LJ...my bad.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2874 on: December 13, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »
This is one of the cleanest ones out. I'm fairly certain the guy lives in Dubai and has several LJ's there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2875 on: December 13, 2016, 08:47:43 PM »
I'm looking for the build thread but I can't find it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2876 on: December 13, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
That LJ doesn't do anything for me.

Funny he says no one in the Midwest can afford a "toy". I think what he meant to say was no one in the Midwest is going to pay $24k because it's not worth that much.....

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #2877 on: December 14, 2016, 11:51:52 AM »

Funny he says no one in the Midwest can afford a "toy". I think what he meant to say was no one in the Midwest is going to pay $24k because it's not worth that much.....

What do you think it's worth with the mods it has?

I've been keeping an eye out for a YJ to build. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2878 on: December 14, 2016, 03:39:22 PM »

$18k plus or minus a few

Just my opinion though
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:41:05 PM by tcdawg »

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #2879 on: December 14, 2016, 03:47:15 PM »

$18k plus or minus a few

Just my opinion though

I looked at it but don't remember all that was done.  That sounds about right to me, too.  Seemed to me to be a good balance of things being done, but still leaving room for the buyer to do the "big things" exactly how they wanted them done. 

I always cringed when I found a semi-built rig but it had tube fenders that weren't high-line or sliders and rear corners that weren't stretched.  I just knew I would have been paying for work that I would really want to completely re-do.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM