BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread  (Read 213732 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread
« Reply #2916 on: December 20, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »
If I could sell my '14JKR for what I think its worth, and not what the market thinks its worth, I'd pay but that white TJ and buy a tow rig as my DD.  F250 4x4 Diesel.

FIFY

What's the going rate on ROI for mods? 50% 40% 30% 0%?

The problem with selling a molded Jeep is that too many don't have cash for the newer Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure 50-60% of the cost of the parts... not much if anything for the labor.  Yours is new enough that someone could get a bank loan on it, right?

Yep, it's a 14.  I had it for sale earlier in the year for $38k obo.  That was KBB plus $5k (it has $11k in upgrades without labor).  Couldn't get a nibble.  Bank won't loan more than NADA Retail.  So people would have to come out of pocket for the rest. 

I'm keeping it now.  Going to add another $4k and do Artec Trusses front and rear, Poly Ball Joints, River Raider Gas Tank Skid (to complete the RR skid system), and Metal Cloak Full Overline Fender, Side & Corner Armor System.  Then in 2018 I'm planning to do UD60's & 37's.
UD60s and 37 won't mix well.  My 38s still drag over everything...not as bad as 8.8 with 35s, but it's noticeable.
I would be willing to bet it's the driver more than anything

Likely!  Hopefully we'll know soon...get yours done, boy!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2917 on: December 20, 2016, 11:40:31 PM »

]
I'm going to disagree. You can literally run any inner and outer c combination on the housing. Any mounting put can be glued on. The tone ring can be added. So I fail to see your logic. You can glue on the factory knuckles if you so desire. Run currie knuckles that are set up for it. On and on.

I'm betting it's almost easier because you can have literally any accessory and put the axle where they need to be. I'm referring to Doug situation. You can have them wide or narrow. They can fit between trailers per the cut of the axle.

Your talking custom axles.  Great if you have a shop and provide the labor, but the price of having them built professionally that way is exorbitant.

We're talking assembly line cookie cutter axles that are affordable, well relatively speaking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ruffstuff housing, solid c welded, armor welded, truss welded, hubs, with lock outs: $3658

Solid Knuckles: $440

D60 jk tone ring: $45

RCV 4340: $2295

mega hi9 with arb: $3559

Brakes: $500

Fab and material for links mounts $1000 roughly

$11,500 - no discount price. Average 15% discount would put it $9975

kinda close dynatrac - $7800 but no rcv and not sure about arb included. not sure if thats the higher end 60 or if there is just one.

In the end the fab housing will be a little more, but there is a lot more strength.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #2918 on: December 21, 2016, 05:37:47 AM »

[/quote]

I will have a whole other mess of problems w my wheel base.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2919 on: December 21, 2016, 06:28:38 AM »

I will have a whole other mess of problems w my wheel base.

[/quote]I am just ready for you to show me how the chunk doesn't get hung up for you :)  Your wheelbase will help in some places, and hurt in others...it really just depends on the obstacle...and the driver, of course :)
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #2920 on: December 21, 2016, 06:32:44 AM »
Haha doubtful that I'm going to show you much of anything.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2921 on: December 21, 2016, 08:38:38 AM »

]
I'm going to disagree. You can literally run any inner and outer c combination on the housing. Any mounting put can be glued on. The tone ring can be added. So I fail to see your logic. You can glue on the factory knuckles if you so desire. Run currie knuckles that are set up for it. On and on.

I'm betting it's almost easier because you can have literally any accessory and put the axle where they need to be. I'm referring to Doug situation. You can have them wide or narrow. They can fit between trailers per the cut of the axle.

Your talking custom axles.  Great if you have a shop and provide the labor, but the price of having them built professionally that way is exorbitant.

We're talking assembly line cookie cutter axles that are affordable, well relatively speaking.

Ruffstuff housing, solid c welded, armor welded, truss welded, hubs, with lock outs: $3658

kinda close dynatrac - $7800 but no rcv and not sure about arb included. not sure if thats the higher end 60 or if there is just one.

In the end the fab housing will be a little more, but there is a lot more strength.

so this is one axle?

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2922 on: December 21, 2016, 08:42:15 AM »

]

so this is one axle?
Yes, the front. Rough estimate for both.

But they are the the same in options though so the Dynatrac needs to be higher in price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:47:26 AM by Mortalis5509 »
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2923 on: December 21, 2016, 08:43:44 AM »

And clearance?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2924 on: December 21, 2016, 08:46:36 AM »
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2925 on: December 21, 2016, 08:52:55 AM »

]

so this is one axle?

But they are the the same in options though so the Dynatrac needs to be higher in price.

I can get two D60's, front and rear, for that same price.

I know you keep saying these ruff stuff housings are stronger, lighter and have more clearance...and I believe you.  But for that price I'll stick with a Dana 60.  Dana has been making axles for a long, long time and they are plenty strong.

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2926 on: December 21, 2016, 08:59:50 AM »

]

so this is one axle?

I can get two D60's, front and rear, for that same price.

I know you keep saying these ruff stuff housings are stronger, lighter and have more clearance...and I believe you.  But for that price I'll stick with a Dana 60.  Dana has been making axles for a long, long time and they are plenty strong.
Junk yard 60, you talking?

Didn't say it was cheap...lol. Knowing how to drive it will get anyone a long way. I would choose a better option than a 60 rear, personally. You save as long as don't touch the knuckles. The mega hi 9 is a lot more so a low 9 could be ran. None the less, I'd run JY stuff as well.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #2927 on: December 21, 2016, 09:07:49 AM »

Junk yard 60, you talking?

No.  Not talking JY axles or Dynatrac

Dana UD 60 axles...from Dana

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE