BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread  (Read 215240 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: Craigslist/Good Deal Thread
« Reply #4440 on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »
This is not a CL deal nor is it a good deal. More of a warning and a reminder. I found an engine on Face Book Market (in GA). There was an ad for 2003 6.0 LS with 123k miles for $650. I watched for a few days and kept thinking that I needed to jump on this. So I started doing a little research on that specific year and while I was looking around I found the same engine for sale on eBay, except, it had different mileage and was in a different state with a different price. So, I thought maybe he just used the picture from eBay. If that is what he did then he should have said that in his ad and because he didn't I already decided that its a scam. I sent him a question asking if he knew if it was an LQ4 or LQ9. He responded within a few minutes saying that he doesn't know. Next question I asked if the picture he posted was the actual engine? If, not, can you send me a pic of the actual engine. No response lol. My guess is that he probably would have wanted some money up front or something never to be seen again, I don't know, I didn't make that far.

The first picture is from the guys ad on FB and the second is from the eBay ad.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:15:02 AM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4441 on: February 14, 2020, 11:03:49 AM »
The grey $100 rope, correct?

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4442 on: February 14, 2020, 11:16:21 AM »
Doug rope pulled about 10 rigs at AOP last summer up that new trail with that super steep muddy hill that was so fun. Pretty sure the only ones it didnt pull were me and Steve.. oh yeah, we made it on our own power...

You forgot about me making it, but my attempt was so effortless that it wasnt memorable

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #4443 on: February 14, 2020, 11:34:32 AM »
Doug rope pulled about 10 rigs at AOP last summer up that new trail with that super steep muddy hill that was so fun. Pretty sure the only ones it didnt pull were me and Steve.. oh yeah, we made it on our own power...

You forgot about me making it, but my attempt was so effortless that it wasnt memorable

so slow and smokey it was hard to see
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #4444 on: February 14, 2020, 12:21:49 PM »
This is not a CL deal nor is it a good deal. More of a warning and a reminder. I found an engine on Face Book Market (in GA). There was an ad for 2003 6.0 LS with 123k miles for $650. I watched for a few days and kept thinking that I needed to jump on this. So I started doing a little research on that specific year and while I was looking around I found the same engine for sale on eBay, except, it had different mileage and was in a different state with a different price. So, I thought maybe he just used the picture from eBay. If that is what he did then he should have said that in his ad and because he didn't I already decided that its a scam. I sent him a question asking if he knew if it was an LQ4 or LQ9. He responded within a few minutes saying that he doesn't know. Next question I asked if the picture he posted was the actual engine? If, not, can you send me a pic of the actual engine. No response lol. My guess is that he probably would have wanted some money up front or something never to be seen again, I don't know, I didn't make that far.

Putting an LS in the Truck? Chuck?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4445 on: February 14, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »

Putting an LS in the Truck? Chuck?
For $650 I was thinking about it lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #4446 on: February 14, 2020, 12:39:08 PM »

Pretty sure I showed you guys the line on this one.
Jay

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #4447 on: February 14, 2020, 12:57:37 PM »

I am 99% sure I made that hill

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4448 on: February 14, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »

I am 99% sure I made that hill
Ditto

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #4449 on: February 14, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »
Justin got out in front of this with the "two of us made it" story... so that's the official record at this point.  Sorry guys.  A video could be used to change the record.
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4450 on: February 14, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »
Justin got out in front of this with the "two of us made it" story... so that's the official record at this point.  Sorry guys.  A video could be used to change the record.

I have video of clark making it, and Justin struggling up before he realizes he didnt turn on the rear locker (again). How do I load them to the forum?

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4451 on: February 14, 2020, 10:40:22 PM »
Send it to me.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM